“No legroom, no reclining”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

Well I don't fly very often and that's for a reason, that reason is I get airsick on landings! This time was no exception and at least coming into Las Vegas they finally turned on the air conditioning which was fine but I sweated through my clothes regardless. That last part is probably more my nerves and anxiety than lack of air conditioning so let's note that okay? the airplane staff were all great and cheerful and very professional. I really appreciated that very very much! The big drawback for this plane is I'm 5 foot 11 and I weigh 255 lbs not too big and a little tall, but my knees we're hitting the seat in front of me. There was no adjustment for my seat whatsoever and I was crammed in next to the window. There was no in-flight entertainment oh, there was no place to charge USB devices such as a cell phone, it was no TV screen in the seat to watch anything with, there were no headphone jacks to listen to anything through the onplane system. There was no on plane system. this literally was bottom-of-the-barrel flight, like being crammed into a school bus. If you really got to get somewhere for bottom dollar this is the way to do it. But I'm never flying like this again, is just too crammed and I'd rather take an actual Greyhound back home. But again I want to mention that the staff were very very friendly and I really liked that.

2  Thank Mister_E503
Write a reviewReviews (17,156)

Reviewed June 14, 2019

Well, it started out looking like this would be an affordable flight for two seniors. But, the add-ons kept coming. Overall, it ended up being about average cost for an economy flight, not a bargain. What bothered me most, however, was that their reservation website kept giving us different prices when we were booking our trip. It was not an easy website to navigate; it kept throwing things at me that I did not want, and I wasn't sure if I was declining or accepting. I know that sounds like I may not know my way around technology. But no so. I have been using the internet for years both professionally and personally. Bottom line is, I would not recommend this airline unless it is the only one that will get you where you want to go.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank relaxandrefresh
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

When flying from Fort Lauderdale to Chicago the agent at the desk was very accommodating and was able to put my husband and I in the same row so we could travel together as I get terrible anxiety when flying. It was much appreciated. However, when flying from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale on my return flight we asked for the same thing. The women (manager) was very rude and gave the worst customer experience I have ever had. We explained our situation and she told us they are for purchase only and that it is a full flight and she can do nothing to accommodate us... well later on after boarding the flight we came to realize that there were in fact seats available in the emergency exit row that she could have put us in. The customer service we experienced was terrible. Rude and makes me never want to fly spirit again. Unfortunate for her because I was surprised on how smooth everything went from leaving Fort Lauderdale and thought to myself ok I might fly them again... we’ll not anymore one person ruined our experience and this will be the last.

Reviewed June 14, 2019

They removed the barf bags, now some poor woman and the entire rest of the plane is traumatized. NEVER again.
No cheaper with all their nickle and diming and everyone is RUDE. 30 minutes to get a bag check tag, just to stand in line again, all because they want to weigh you 2 times before charging you more than any other carrier for bags. No other carrier had a line on a monday afternoon, but spirit had a hundred people stuck and getting later. horrible.

Reviewed June 14, 2019

I love Spirit Airlines. Flying to South American can be a challenge sometimes. Spirit is great and always has english speaking agents in the Spanish countries.

• Food and Beverage