“No Accountability-Incredibly Rude employees”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I will never fly Spirit again for two reasons: Inability to be truthful and accountable for delays, and ridiculous customer service. Spirit will not admit to their mistakes whether you have to spend two nights in an airport or not.On a return flight from Jamaica, Spirit was 50 minutes late in departing . Upon arrival in Fort Lauderdale, we did not have enough time to get through customs and immigration, so we missed our flight to Denver. Spirit reps denied that the flight was late and blamed my fiancee and I for being late even though 8 other people missed the same flight. Subsequently, we had to spend the night and the entire following day in the airport freezing to death.The customer service and 80 % of the staff that I dealt with were rude aloof, and unresponsive bowing to the corporate spin. Absolutely no accountability was evident with Spirit and their employees thrive on making bad days even worse. Never again! Don't do it!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank jonestrio4031
Write a ReviewReviews (11,047)

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I am angry. Very angry. I gave up my seat on a SPIRIT flight and received a voucher for a round trip ticket to where ever SPIRIT flies. I gave up my seat on a non-stop flight from Las Vegas to Baltimore. I attempted to redeem my voucher for a round trip non-stop flights from Baltimore to Orlando and back to Baltimore. I went on-line and picked the non-stop flights I preferred. Both flights, outgoing and return were available if I were to purchase the tickets on line.

I called the number on the voucher which was not toll free and waited on hold for about 5 minutes. Karen was the agent who initially took my call. Karen was ready to book my outgoing flight but told me the return flight I chose was not available. After a brief discussion I asked to speak to her supervisor. She spent a short amount of time trying to avoid getting a supervisor involved then put me on hold for close to 5 minutes.

Jeff picked up on the line and identified himself as a supervisor. I provided Jeff with the same information I provided Karen. Jeff also told me there was no problem booking the flight out of Baltimore (187) but the afternoon return flight of my choice (782) was not available with my voucher. I checked the flights prior to calling the service center and both of my preferred flights were available if I were playing their bait and switch game on-line.

Okay. I accept what Jeff told me. He told me the only other non-stop was a flight that departs Orlando about 2 hours earlier than the flight of my choice. I had seen this flight on line as well, but it was not the time of day I wanted to leave. But okay. Let’s book it. Jeff rattled off the information for the flights and told me I would have to pay a fee for the balance of the ticket that the voucher did not cover. WTH? I told Jeff never mind and I would never deal with SPIRIT airlines again, I would never recommend SPIRIT to anyone I know.

I failed to mention to you that when I was dealing with Karen she rattled off the flight information I did not want and asked me if I wanted to pay the bag fees now. SPIRIT is making money on consumers who have not done their homework. We as consumers have the right and obligation to do a little bit of due diligence, a little bit of homework to compare pricing options. SPIRIT has all kinds of fees that are deceptively hidden until you book on line or get to the airport. This is tantamount to usury. They are walking a very thin line. They would go out of business if not for the consumers who don’t do any research.

SPIRIT airlines gave me a roundtrip voucher that was going to cost me money. Even with the voucher I was going to have to pay for a seat. Even with the voucher I was going to have to pay money to get my return trip home in addition to buying another seat. Even with the voucher I was going to have to pay for checked bags and carry on luggage both ways. If this is what happens to a customer with a voucher, pay attention to what you will be paying under normal circumstances. I fly Southwest on a regular basis and have never had any issues like the ones I had at SPIRIT. SPIRIT is like the plague. My advice to you is to avoid SPIRIT like the plague.

You will never see another review from me about SPIRIT airlines as I will never even consider using them for travel. I would sooner drive or walk. Caveat Emptor – Buyer Beware. I am done. Drop the mic.

1  Thank Smit-tee
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Spirit Airlines will NEVER again get my money.
They have awful service.
The various ways they charge you for things that should be free, like a CARRY-ON. $45.
They have a 40lbs checked bag limit rather than 50lb like MOST airlines. If you go over 40lbs, $30.
They wanted to charge for WATER!
God forbid you need to make any change to a flight; $180.
They were entirely unwilling to help when issues arouse.
Again, I will NEVER again fly Spirit Airlines.
In 37 years of life, I have never had such an awful experience with an airline.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

First time ever flying Spirit. I was weary because I know they are a very budget airline. I am used to flying Jet Blue. I could not resist the price - $65 from SC to NY (one way - no luggage). The boarding process was very smooth. The plane was immaculate and looked new inside. No TVs, no music, no headphone jack, no reclining seat, no buttons on the arm rest at all. No free beverages or free snacks. The flight attendants were friendly. Pilot made the usual announcement and was very friendly. Flight was smooth. Absolutely no complaints. If you want to fly and spend as little as possible - Spirit is the way to go.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a flight with Priceline to catch our New Years cruise from Puerto Rico, going to pr was with United, which was great. Unfortunately the return flight was with spirit Airlines connecting from Fort Lauderdale to Chicago 10min before boarding spirit cancelled our flight saying do to weather, then the customer rep on the phone said do to traffic control. Well jetblu flew to Chicago same time as we were supposed to and I called jetblu to confirm and they arrived to Chicago at 9:pm so there was no problem for them. Spirit gave us a 40% code to use at a list of hotels they provided for us to stay and each hotel that was on that list did not accept the discount and the others were overbooked. We my wife and I were stuck getting a hotel from West Palm Beach and having to Rent-A-Car. At the rental car desk I was upset and I said I flight was canceled and the desk car rental clerk said let me guess Spirit Airlines. I said how did you know. He said they cancel flights every night due to understaffing and cutting cost. When when they see the other flights for the next day is empty they will cancel a flight before that day and use those people to fill-in for the next days flight that is empty to cut costs. So we ended up losing two days other job extra days to pay for a dog hotel lost money on hotel and car rental and a lot of headache. Never flying with spirit airlines again! That company is like the Nigerian scam. That nigh a lot of people Why put in a predicament and a lot of stress I feel bad for those people. Spirit doesn’t care all they care about is how to cut costs and make money they don’t care who the screw over. I wish the companies goes out of business soon, they don’t deserve to operate a business in America.

2  Thank Lucy_bu