“In my last review "do not fly jestar"”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As i said in my last review do not fly jetstar,i thought i was a very little bit unfair i was wrong i did not say enouh about this incompetent airline leave melbourne get halfway across australia and "mechanical fault" really ? yes qantas jetstar maintenance at its usual standard. So guess who suffers not the ceo or the staff no just people called cattle the ones who pay to keep this useless airline going.So I will reiterate do not fly jetstar if you have a connecting flight stiff, the company do not care they have your money and we will give you a voucher for food enough to buy a cup of coffee at an airport.So DO NOT FLY JETSTAR.

1  Thank Peter B
Write a reviewReviews (12,104)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Check in was super easy and being as we weighed our carry on at home it was under the limit and we had no problems that others seem to have had with weighty bags and additional costs. The flight was on time and the plane was clean. Had heard a lot of talk about a budget planes but to me it was the same as others I have been on.

We hit some turbulence which scared my daughter. The flight attendant saw and she was so kind. She told my daughter that it was normal, got her a tea and muffin, and crouched down to her holding her hand. When we hit another pocket later she turned from her seat and gave her a thumbs up. The tea and muffin was no more expensive than that in a coffee shop and tasted the same.

The flight home was delayed arriving to pick us up due to some really bad fog, which could be seen outside the terminal window. Some passengers were so rude to the staff so it is really easy to see why they get frustrated. They did random bag checks on clearly overweight bags, again we had weighed ours so not to incur additional costs.

At the end of the flight the pilots stopped and made the effort to talk to the children letting them sit in their seats and explained what did what.

One thing though, the security check at Christchurch and Wellington airport was very slack. When we arrived home we realized that my daughters Swiss Army Knife had been in a side compartment of her bag the whole time on both flights.

Would definitely recommend to people that can follow rules and instructions. Others should probably choose a different airline to fly with!!!

Date of travel: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked my flight online and paid extra for the cancellation policy just in case something happened (which i do for every flight). We then in turn actually had to use the cancellation policy (a month prior to take off) and they would only give us a voucher which expires in 6 months of issue date. We are not from a country that has jetstar so essentially we just paid for a ticket and cancellation policy that is completely useless to us. I contacted jet star and instead of taking a sympathetic approach and valuing their customers they just fed me non sense fine print. I told the agent the least they could do was refund half the money and make a repeat customer out of us but instead hid behind their fine print. I am beyond mad at his airline. If i can not trust them to be straight up with their cancellation policy and not hide behind the fine print that i am for sure not going to trust them in the air with myself or any friends and or family. This is a joke of airline and customer service and i will never book again.

2  Thank Sydthekidfrench
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

15TH January my family of 4 were booked to fly from Honolulu to Adelaide Business class. I paid $9213 one way and the morning of the flight the flight was cancelled and we were put on a Hawaiian Airlines flight Economy class.The original fare was via Melbourne to Adelaide but the Hawaiian flight was through Sydney which meant we arrived in Sydney too late to connect to a flight to Adelaide . I had to pay for a hotel , food and transport back to the airport the next morning.We boarded the flight at 7am and sat on the plane for 2.5 hours whilst they sorted out mechanical problems and not even a bottle of water was offered to any of the passengers. I have tried to get a refund for the difference between Business class and economy but after hours on the phone and doing their Live Chat garbage they offered me $ 250 compensation per person. If my business took payment for a service I didnt supply I would be arrested but Jetstar keep getting away with it. Dont ever fly Jettsar .Its not worth the hassle
Russell.

2  Thank Global135315
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Last weekend we had reason to fly to the Gold Coast. Carry on baggage only for the weekend. Sitting in the gate lounge waiting for boarding we are accosted by two Jetstar staff to weigh our carry-on luggage. Seemingly a random passenger selection with no systematic approach, and yes we are both over the 7 kg limit. That will be $65 each thank you and the baggage gets sent to the hold. The ladies were quite abrupt bordering on being rude. I object to the random approach, if hand held luggage is to be weighed, weigh every passenger in a systematic fashion. And $65 each for a couple of kgs over, that's outrageous!!! A cheap ticket on Jetstar is always loaded with costs for even the most elementary of services. A bottle of water $4.....rip-off! They'll be charging us to use the toilets next..........

2  Thank Mike S