“Can't seem to get it right ....”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Where do we begin with this review ? Booked the trip , got to the airport on time , were told when checking in it was now delayed 2 hours . Then 15 minutes later a Jetstar staff told the crowd at check in 'this flight is cancelled , I suggest you contact your insurance company ' no sorry nothing . Got another Jetstar flight to Sydney ( this was also delayed ) to get a connecting Qantas flight . On the way home from Honolulu , we woke up to a SMS saying our 9am flight was now 11.45. So we wait and wait and it finally leaves at 1330. Every single flight was stuffed up somehow !!! Truly bordering on ridiculous and I won't fly with them agin .

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (7,376)

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Jetstar crew (ground and cabin) were amazing.
In fact everything was seamless and easy. From booking online to the final thank you.

Now let me back up and explain... My girls weekend away took a turn for the worst and Tuesday I was finally discharged from hospital post pneumonia (I kid you not) complete with face mask on I walked up to a Jetstar assistant to ask if someone could carry my carry on for me as it was too heavy for me.
Oh honey lets see what we can do? And she helped me to the desk, the desk staff girl was equally kind offering me a wheelchair. Yes please. I also had my seat changed in a blink of an eye to one closer to the door of the plane. At the other end there was already someone organised for me, right to the car.

Jetstar had a bit of a rocky patch in NZ with planes not leaving on time etc, but everything was extremely well organised and all the staff were helpful, kind and kept me informed. All this after competitor AirNZ would even transfer my booking.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Paid $900 return could have went with a good airline to France for that price, had my phone stolen at Saigon with check in and dealing with these clowns as I paid in Australia and dealing with Vietnamese, they are unaccountable , has Asian seat built for hobbits rubbish airlines, get a boat but give there bastards a wide berth

1  Thank Tommy1957
Reviewed August 16, 2017

I knew going in that this was not going to be a full business class service but it also didn't carry a full business class price. Let's face it you get what you pay for and if you pay peanuts don't expect to get any back on the flight.

The big plus of this service is that it is direct to Ho Chi Minh in just over 8 hours.

The business class cabin has just 21 seats two of which are reserved for crew rest so with three attendants looking after you the service is ok, quick efficient. Food is acceptable without being a standout. The Dreamliner are a nice plane with good screens and noise cancelling headphones.

Expect something like a premium economy service and you won't be disappointed.

The one jarring note for me is that Jetstar staff from the check in desk to the final wave off seem unable to crack a smile something that costs nothing.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Had the misfortune of flying with Jetstar last week from Honolulu to Perth via Sydney. Had to stump up $230 for baggage. 10 hour flight from Honolulu to Sydney and not offered one glass of water. Surely they have a duty of care, as someone is going to die on one of their flights through lack of hydration. If you hadn't purchased food or drink you were totally invisible to cabin staff.

We had flown on a number of cheap airlines in the US during the previous week and their service was vastly superior to Jetstar. They are a total embarrassment.

Getting to Sydney, even though we were ticketed through to Perth, had to make our own way to the domestic terminal at our own cost, another $12. The flight they had booked us on had a six hour holdover in Sydney, but you cannot drop your bags until two hours before the flight. So four hours sitting in the departure area with all our bags, nowhere to sit. When I queried this I was told it is Jetstar policy!!

Never again.