“Excellent value when not on strike”
Review of SAS

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

1st time with this airline. Impressed with seat layout, service, entertainment and quality of food. By far the cheapest airline to fly that route and not much dearer than premium economy with BA. The pilots’ strike was a worry and the customer service which was initially offered was poor. However this did improve and fortunately the strike finished before we came home. We got the 2nd flight after the strike. Would fly again SAS

Date of travel: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (8,143)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Never again will we fly SAS. We made it to Munich, just fine. No issues, fine service -- though, to speak to the quality of their planes, 2 of the 4 restrooms in our section of the plane had "out of service" signs taped to the doors. Upon checking in for our flights, business was as usual. Went through the prompts and received our boarding passes via email. It wasn't until my husband was scrolling through the app that he noticed a small banner about flight interruptions. Upon clicking on it we discovered the airline was on strike. We received no proactive communication from SAS about this interrupting our travel home.

We proceeded to call them, to which their call center was unable to answer any of our questions about our upcoming day of travel from Munich to Chicago. We were scheduled to fly Munich to Copenhagan and then Copenhagan to Chicago. They couldn't assist since our flight had yet to be officially cancelled (though it had been all week so far apparently). They said that if we were cancelled they could rebook us -- however, they also said it was taking 4-5 days to get travelers on new flights out. Which means, we would be stuck abroad for an additional 4-5 days.

They said our other option was to cancel and we would be refunded in 7 business days for the unused ticket and any additional purchases. We opted to do that. We rebooked, at much expense, for a last minute/one way ticket from Munich to Chicago due to the incompetencies that operate this airline.

Now we sit, 14 business days later and have yet to receive a refund. Every time we call them, they say they are working through it. We have two tickets and seat upgrades that we have yet to see a refund for, yet we had to spend thousands on a new tickets.

I highly discourage anyone from ever flying SAS. Terribly run airline.

Date of travel: May 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When it comes to airlines it's difficult to know what you should compare with. This is a typical airline for business travelers and it's good for that. Not any luxury at all, but predictable and with a quite good customer support when you need that.
Their prices are not the lowest and their service is simple. When you travel with comparable airlines, they often have better food and drinks.

Date of travel: April 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had never flown SAS previously and there was a pilots strike prior to my leaving so I was apprehensive. However, the pilot situation was resolved by my flight time. I had a 9 am flight to Frankfurt so arrived at 7 am flying Business. I went to the lounge for breakfast. The Stockholm lounge exceeded my expectations and compared to many others, was excellent. The flight was as expected with a decent snack on route. I would definitely fly SAS again.

Date of travel: May 2019
Reviewed May 12, 2019

Having flown them on both economy and premium, I can say that their food is better than the other airlines in the equivalent classes. I particularly enjoyed their version of the Swedish classic princess cake on my last flight. Films were up-to-date, though TV series mostly only include one or two episodes.

Date of travel: March 2019