“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed December 17, 2017

One of the last flight out of East Midlands before it was closed due to snow, great value flights, easy on line check in and no hassle when boarding, just close your eyes and end up at your destination.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (50,858)

Reviewed December 17, 2017

The most basic long flight you can get..
EVERYTHING needs to be payed for - I am surprised toilet was free..
Overall avoid it if you can - after 5 hours on board you wished you've payed extra money for proper service...

Reviewed December 17, 2017

We have flown many times with Ryanair and never experienced a problem. A delay due to weather meant the 08:05 departure time came and went with no airplane at the gate. We had train tickets booked from the airport to Aachen allowing us just under 2 hours which we thought was plenty of time. Unfortunately the delay meant we missed the train. Our first bad experience but it would not me stop me booking Ryanair again.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Another not so nice experience, but more a reflection of airport services and the plane which arrived late at Edinburgh. My son had his coin in his pocket and a big security guard demanded he hand over the coin which had set off the metal detector alarm. My six year old son refused and the guard took him away back behind the metal detector causing him to burst into tears. My wife offered to explain about the coin to the guard but he said no. There was a total lack of security with this guard. We understand the importance of security checks but prefer that guards are trained to be more sensitive with little children and not treat them as adults. Not a nice experience.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

We took Ryanair from London Standsted Airport to Edinburgh where my sister lives. Traveling with my wife and two young children we found that the process of checking in was a bit difficult as we were unfamiliar with the system. But the worst of all was going through the security check which was very slow. Once we were through, there was a huge queue for ages, and then another huge queue for ages. We boarded as some of the last people due to having two young kids who had been standing for so long. The flight if I remember correctly was late.