“The best air company ever! ”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect when we booked our flights to Maldives, with a connection in Doha, Qatar. The surprise started when we could get a transit visa to visit Doha applying direct to the airline website. It was a bit tough to obtain a low resolution picture of our passports but I managed it using an online converter. The boarding in Montreal was a bit messy as the lines were mixed up, but it was totally compensated when we entered the aircraft and saw the huge leg room in our economy class seats. It was amazing for a very long flight. Very good flight service, amazing food , many options. The only complaint was the long waiting time for the staff collect the trays after every meal. In Doha, we were looking for a supposed city tour but we informed that it was already included in the tickets price!!!! How cool is that? We felt very safe during the city tour, specially because the tour guide made us feel very safe and welcomed. Such a stunning city!!! Heading to Maldives, again good service but delay in collecting the trays. In our way back home, the flight in Doha would arrive very late and we would look for a hotel. Again , an amazing luxury hotel night was included in the tickets. Qatar Airways is now our favourite air company and we will check their tickets to other destinations first and try to use their services again. Thank you very much Qatar Airways!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (17,339)

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

I hate that I have to write a 1star review here, but Qatar Airways left me with no choice.

As a frequent flyer, I usually fly Cathay Pacific or British airways, both in business class and economy class.

This is the first time I have to write a bad review on flying experience! I chose Qatar as I need to fly the next day after i booked my flight, Cathay Pacific and British airlines was both fully booked.

The fare was a bit cheaper and the good reputation of Qatar's service lately got me thinking it's okay to fly with them. I flew from Hong Kong to Doha and from Doha to London on the 8th august 2017.

On the flight from Doha to London, the flight attendant accidentally spilled a steaming hot coffee on me, STEAMING HOT COFFEE... leading a burnt of my lower part (my whole pants was wet and so as the seat!). The experience was painful to start with, imagine you had your seatbelt on when a hot coffee was spilled on you and you couldn't move! I was given change of clothes and first aid care on the plane by the attendant immediately.

They were very attentive to my wound and kept on apologise to me on the plane. I was hoping to settle it nicely and said I wouldn't file a complain on the incident due to 2reasons:

1) it was an accident
2) they have immediately apologise and I didn't want anyone to lose their job!( my sister is an flight attendant in Cathay Pacific so I understand how terrible it would be to get a complain!)

however, I requested for a report to be sent to me so I can claim my personal insurance.

I think I was being fair.

The flight attendant took all my contact details, age, occupation, email phone number etc. When I got to London, I went to doctor and etc in London and have my report.

2weeks after before I fly back to Hong Kong, I still haven't gotten any report so I called the hotline, being told the only way to contact the department is to email them, so I did. When I got a reply, I am utterly disappointed.

I was told: the report said i spilled the coffee on myself and refused medical attention....

This is really outrageous as obviously the flight attendant lied about what happened on the report and lied to me about she would send me the report for my claim. I asked 3 times on the plane to make sure she understand me.

She had no intention on sending me a report and just said on the report it was the customers fault.

I have sent a email reply to the customer care department but obviously they do not care to reply. I would not recommend qatar for anyone after this. I would say spend a tiny bit more money to fly Cathay or British airlines as at least they have more integrity than Qatar Airways.

Gillian Au

4  Thank Gillian A
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I have been flying many times with them, usually Europe - Australia. Their aircrafts are new, with extremely comfortable seats for long flights. Entertainment and food are also excellent.
Unfortunately, on our last flight, the departure was delayed by about 2 hours, so we missed their next flight. I asked the stewardess a couple of times what we would do at the airport, would the next flight be waiting for us-I only got a vague explanation.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

Qatar Airways is a great company to fly with, great service, great staff and great food.
We will be happy to fly with Qatar again....but

Only a few things could be better
We had 4 flights with Qatar airways and on all flight there was not enough food of the most popular dinner, so we had to choose the another meal

We came from Brisbane and should continue with Qatar to DOHA ( the ticket from Brisbane was bought via Qatar airways so it was included the connection in Melbourne) without any notice the trip from Melbourne to DOHA was 30 min earlier and we had to run to the gate and all our luggage was not on board when we arrived in our home country, we got i 3 days later from Melbourne.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Dont have a bad thing to say about this flight at all.The food served was very good, flight was on time and the boarding and change over went smoothly