“Via Qatar ”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

By far better than European airlines in service. The plainer are really clean; the staff very polite and helpful. Very professional

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (17,248)

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

After a seven hour flight from Heathrow to Doha another flight of nine and a half hours was always going to be challenging but in my opinion the seats in the middle were too cramped for such a long journey. A very nice member of ground crew changed our seats on the return flight from Doha to Heathrow which made a big difference. I had requested vegan meals and on three of four flights there were vegan meals which were reasonable. I was offered a vegetarian meal on the other flight instead which was not an option for me. They didn't seem to grasp the difference between vegan and vegetarian nor care either. Not a big deal in the great scheme of things but with a longer flying time added on the return journey, cramped seating and some surly staff on a few of the flights it would be difficult to consider flying Qatar again. To be fair one of the staff members on the flight from Doha to Heathrow was very pleasant as were the ground staff in Denpasar.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Excellence service, I never experienced this kind of hospitality and kindness with another airline. The meal was definitely one of the best I ever had on a plane. In my opinion, it's definitely worth to spend some more money to fly with Qatar Airways instead of flying with another airline.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Flight originated in Myanmar. They changed my flight scheduled time on departure from Yangon, moreover they made a change of aircraft from Yangon to Doha without informing although the crew explained it was due to the low passenger load for their political problems. So we flew a very small plane without movies or any other long haul service.

For my return flight from Rome they sent me a mail with a change of schedule that anticipating my flight of 2 hours which made it impossible for me to reach the airport in time for the flight.
I contacted their Italy office and they said it was not their problem and that I had to contact the Myanmar originating ticket office for any change.

I contacted the Yangon office by mail and phone and the person in charge stubbornly denied me with the possibility of flight change ( only a few hours later with plenty of available seats and also connecting to Bangkok) they wanted proof of connecting travel disruption in Italy, so I called the Yangon station manager Mr. Martin Zdarek who clearly could not care less for my problem and sent me a mail with same reply sent by the careless ticket agent.

I had to send countless hours in phone calls and customer care mails (15 August most Europe offices closed for holiday) waiting hours at answering machines in offices all over the world with no one replying or employees telling me they could not do anything about my problem.
I perseverated and finally was lucky enough to talk to a very nice Ukranan replying from Doha who finally listen to my issue and talked to her supervisor who explained it was my right to have a free change of schedule and so they proceeded to book me a departure later same day in the afternoon which allowed me to reach the airport in time for the Qatar plane departure.
The whole ordeal was so stupid and ridiculous and clearly showing the careless incapacity of most of the airline staff and managers in charges to be able to cope with a minor problem generated by their own airline rescheduling issue.

So I advice anyone flying with Qatar to be ready for any kind of disaster whenever things go wrong since their staff are not ready to confront it and mainly they do not care about customer rights, they are mostly comfortable employees. The airline changes schedules with total disregard to customer needs and priorities and becomes very strict and inflexible in accepting any necessary variations of their imposed rescheduling, so book other airline if you have any tight connection or want to avoid stressing situations.

7  Thank Jolly1955
Reviewed August 15, 2017

The entire flight was amazing, truly enjoyed it. I was able to work but most importantly was left alone until I needed assistance or needed service. The ground service was also spectacular.