“flight Hervey bay to Perth and return”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight to Perth excellent .crew very attentive and looked after all .seats comfortable as they reclined a little and paid extra for extra leg room .Perfect.
Return was totally different trip .staff not on their game .biggest problem the seat didnt recline even small amount. Ok i understand why but surely its not a engineering problem to restrict the recline to one notch back. to relieve back pressure on flights at 4 hours +..i wont fly Virgin for that reason !
Flight Brisbane to Hervey bay .nice comfortable old plane .taxing out there was a loud whine on the starboard side .other passengers commented and i answered it sounds like a hydraulic engine ,getting a bit tired . Landing at Hervey Bay i mentioned it to the cabin crew .Comment oh yes its a hydraulic motor . I had to say well its twice as bad as in Brisbane now, and grinding on to a failure .you should tell the captain .as if i was flying it i i`d ground it in the maintenance book until further confirmation.
Hope thy passed on as there were a number of passengers looking worried .

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Jack R
Write a reviewReviews (19,234)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went to Sydney to spend NYE. One of my pieces of luggage did not arrive in Sydney, it was delivered later in the day, were supposed to ring me before delivery, but they didn’t and just left my luggage outside the door where I was staying. Anyone could have taken it. On my return trip my flight was cancelled and had to travel on a later flight.

Date of travel: December 2019
1  Thank MaddyfromOz
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight to Brisbane and connecting flight to Hamilton Island is well coordinated with very little time lost time waiting around at the Terminals. The return Ferry From Daydream Island to Hamilton Island airport for the return flight was easy and well organised. Qantas staff as always were wonderful. on our return flight from Brisbane to Melbourne, a young mother was quite ill, so the flight crew attended to her young children all while serving other flight guests refreshments. Some mean, grumpy humans not appreciating the crew’s efforts. The refreshments and light meals were good. Due to some air turbulence, crew also had to remain seated for part of our flight. I didn’t get a cold drink, however considering large parts of Australia was being destroyed by Bushfires below us during this time I was fine. The most annoying were the complaining adults who were not appreciating that these were terrible and catastrophic events and refusing to remain in their seats were requested to do so. Landing in Melbourne the smoke haze was an eye opener for some I dearly hope.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight from Brisabne to Melbourne this time was a bit of a mixed bag, the service on the plane was great, but proir was a little dissapointing, I know now that there was some issues with smoke in Melbourne that did cause delays which I didn't have an issue.
But No Comunication in the Qantas terminal until during the flight from the flight deck.
Overall Qantas is a great airline.

• Check-in and boarding
1  Thank ftr44
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked tickets to NYC from Perth got a message that my flight was rescheduled.. quickly checked the times and found out I only had 20 minutes to layover in From LAX to JFK..called them waited on the phone 40 minutes then got an answer the lady was very helpful and rescheduled my flight on a similar time frame.

The domestic flight from Perth to Sydney was average.. but the flights from Sydney to LA and LA to New York was killa.. good food good seats.

overall would fly again..don’t know why my flight was rescheduled though.