“Disgraceful: Only if you are someone’s someone, you can be severed free Liquor”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Firstly, “Qantas Airways Limited is a Public Company” and not someone’s private airline.

This is what Australianfrequentflyer states “Complimentary non-alcoholic drinks are available on all Qantas flights. Beer and wine is generally available for $6, but is complimentary on all afternoon flights between Perth and other capital cities. It’s also free on flights after 4pm between Sydney and Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide, as well as any flight to/from Canberra after 4pm daily.”

Flight from Sydney to Cairns on 25th August which on which a refreshment is served. No alcohol. A certain couple (that happened to be family of a Qantas staff member) was given extra especial treatment. Firstly two miniature bottles of sprits (that were quietly slipped into a bag). Next two 375ml bottles of wine that they gladly opened and consumed. Next a bottle of wine that was wrapped in a white napkin which was slipped away into an empty bag to take away.

From what I understand it is not a time slot that alcoholic beverages are severed complementary on this specific flight, and NO they didn’t have to pay either.

Well if Qantas things this is not acceptable, I am happy to provide the seat numbers.

Date of travel: August 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank niranjandesilva
Write a reviewReviews (18,068)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked and paid for a Qantas flight nine months before in advance. Six months before it was due to leave, I received an email advising that the flight time had to be moved due to maintenance - really? Six months in advance?? As a result, I was unable to make my connecting flight to Toronto and had to pay for a nights accomodation in New York. The last leg of my flight - New York to Toronto - was booked with Delta and they were able to move my flight to the following day at no extra cost. Qantas, on the other hand, had available seats on the Brisbane to Toronto flight but refused to move me.

Lesson? Don’t fly Qantas. It’s not worth the hassle.

TN

2  Thank Travelling_Nevyn
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

at the check-in desk we understood we were seated at the emergency exit row. When we got into the plane, the seats turned out to be in a normal row. Nevertheless, cabin crew noted our surprise and we were treated very nicely. Flight was nice: well organized, good service, friendly staff and the seats were more spacious than we see in other airlines.

Date of travel: August 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The 19.50 flight to Perth (QF0583) is not one of life’s pleasures. After a long day of work with a 5 hour flight back home all one hopes for is that you take off on time. Thankfully we did.
A delightful crew with smiles on their faces made the flight better than bearable.
Having flown a few times on QANTAS I choose the salads/coleslaw for my meal. For a mass produced meal the coleslaw with beef hit the mark after a long day.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This week I flew Broome to Perth, my ticket read ‘Dinner service’. So I was completely shocked & disappointed when a plain garden salad was served as my Gluten Free MAIN meal, when everyone else in the cabin including my partner enjoyed Teriyaki Beef or a substantial Chicken Caesar.

When I provided Qantas with feedback about the inadequate ‘Special Dietary’ service they just said it was nutritiously sound! WHAT the!

All I can suggest to anyone with Special Dietary is to eat before you get onto the plane, unbelievable given they’re suppose to be the gold standard of travel in Australia! Just wish they had of told me they didn’t have dinner to serve me, I would of self served at the airport . . . it felt like their catering section had to scramble to find something to serve me, being a coeliac is challenging enough!

1  Thank Nic34M