“Traveler Beware”
Review of Norwegian

Reviewed January 21, 2020

Do not fly Norwegian! Planned a once in a lifetime trip to France. First they sent my bag to London instead of Paris. Took 24 hours to find my bag, then another 48 hours until it was delivered. When it was delivered it was not my bag. Their customer service line has not been helpful and is only open a few hours during the day. This airline has been unprofessional, and unwilling to be of adequate help and have been completely unsympathetic to my situation. I will never fly this airline again and recommend others do not as well.

3  Thank JRH032
Write a reviewReviews (27,632)

We have flown Norwegian previously with satisfactory service. However,
this flight made an emergency landing for mechanical problems in Gander;
great pilot, not great staff in terms of telling us things that weren't true,
repeatedly. The big problem was the return flight. We went to check in
online, only to see 'Canceled'. They did not alert us, did not arrange any
other way to get back, but did offer 'Refund' as a (sensible) choice. We
arranged other travel (on TAP; quite good). However, no refund was
made. Repeated requests for same were rebuffed, for changing reasons,
despite Norwegian's Conditions of Carriage stating that if they cancel a
flight, the portion of the flight not provided will be refunded (ie, sensible,
normal practice). They suggested I ask the Italian regulators to tell them
they had to do better - astonishing, really. I've never had an airline
blatantly refuse to honor their own rules, and pocket money prepaid in
good faith. Finally, after writing to the CEO of the company, they relented and refunded the money owed us -- 4 months after the canceled flight.

Date of travel: September 2019
3  Thank Richard R
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Paid for seats in row 1, checked in and printed row 1 seat boarding passes. Added same to Apple wallet.
The morning before the flight the row was changed to 16 and when question customer services said it can’t be changed as I had checked in...
At the airport an hour before the flight row 16 changed to row 14.
For all of this there was no messages from the airline advising these changes.
Boarding the flight there was a Norwegian employee sat in row 1.

3  Thank peterjb724
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I have used Norwegian now for several years, primarily for visits to Scandinavia but once on a trans-Atlantic flight to Boston.
I have always found the service first rate and reasonably priced.
The Reward scheme is good giving money off future flights.
We will continue to use them and have already booked for further flights to Norway in May

Reviewed January 20, 2020

My daughter and I traveled on Norwegian Flight 7001 from OSL to JFK on December 15, 2019. When we had our carry-on baggage weighed, my daughters bag was 9.01 kg-UNDER the 10 kg allowance. My baggage was 15.34 kg-admittedly OVER the 10 kg allowance. However, the gate agent said that because we were traveling together, the total was over 20 kg for the two of us and charged us EACH for overweight luggage. This is not ACCEPTABLE. We are both being charged an over weight charge whereas only one of us was overweight. If we had said we were traveling separately, we would have incurred only a single charge. The gate agent said to take it up with the airline, they sent me a form letter of no consequence. I have written them again but pessimistic that I will recover 1/2 of the excess charges!

Date of travel: December 2019