“went out of the way to flyLufthansa”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After going over to Porto on United, it was a treat to return by way of Munich on Lufthansa. Longer schedule, but worth the trouble. flight going over was a nightmare.

Date of travel: May 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (32,542)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Details: In May, 2018, we flew from Vegas to Frankfort to connect with Lufthansa flight to Paris. That 2 pm flight was cancelled 15 minutes before departure due to weather. We waited in lines for hours to get a 9 pm flight to Dusseldorf. Arrived at closed airport and caught 6 am flight to Paris. Bad part was our luggage did not arrive with us and it took Lufthansa 3 days to get it to us (2 days after they said they had located our luggage!!!) Totally frustrating not to have our luggage for 3 days in Paris. They could have put luggage on a van and delivered it to us in 4 or 5 hours!!! Lufthansa contracts with a third party luggage service. There is absolutely no sense of urgency!!! (I realize our experience was atypical, but I think one measure of an airline is how they respond when problems arise. Lufthansa barely responded to my subsequent feed-back on their poor luggage service.

Date of travel: May 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On a recent return trip from Germany, my husband and I flew Lufthansa airlines for the first time. Economy class seating was clean, and the flight attendants were efficient, polite, and helpful. The boarding was very quick, and although the flight was full, overhead bins were spacious and seating was also rapid. The take-off and landing were excellent, and we enjoyed the movies offered on the overnight flight. Dinner was very good, as was the availability of snacks and drinks. The flight was smooth and most of all safe! We definitely would fly Lufthansa again!

Date of travel: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had our first flight with Lufthansa airline and from the ground staffs and the crew on board, the service was excellent, the seats were very comfortable and we had a very enjoyable and safe journey.

Date of travel: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I took a trip to Florence on July 29, 2019. This was my first time Europe in nearly 29 years. I flew from Toronto to Frankfurt on Air Canada (Boeing 777-300ER), arriving in the early morning of July 30, 2019. I was then to connect with Lufthansa for the short flight to Florence (7:55 am - 9:25 am).

I was warned by someone who I was going to meet in Florence that Frankfurt International was a massive airport. He was not mistaken. That said, I found that the signposting for the airport was very good and I was able to get from the gate where I left the Air Canada flight to the security area for the connecting flight with ease. Security was slow and, at one point, the line that I was in ground to a complete halt. A supervisor came forward and got things rolling again. The level of scrutiny in security was far greater than in Toronto. In any event, I was able to get through security and made it to the departure lounge at about 7:20 am. Boarding was to commence at 7:25 am. When booking a trip with a connecting flight, you should always be cognizant of the delay that security can create.

An announcement was made at 7:25 am that we would be taken by bus out to the aircraft. There are simply too many aircraft at this airport to allow for gating at the terminal building. It was all very organized and I got on the first bus that took us out to the aircraft (Embraer ERJ 190). The plane was far from full. A second bus arrived with some additional passengers, but there were lots of empty seats.

The plane left the gate on time and the lineup of aircraft to take off was not significant. Lufthansa is one of Air Canada's Star Alliance partners. What struck me about Lufthansa was the quality of the customer service. This aircraft headed to Florence only had 2 flight attendants on it. Once airborne, passengers received a complimentary sandwich and beverages. That's beverages, plural. The flight attendants came around with the cart and asked both what we (passengers) would like to drink and then, to my surprise, asked if we would like anything else to drink. The single beverage restriction of Air Canada was not present on Lufthansa. More importantly, the flight attendants were courteous and engaged, as opposed to just "mailing it in" or satisfied with mediocrity. I was impressed by the standard of care. I had the same experience when I flew from Florence to Frankfurt on August 8, 2019, to go home.

The flight itself was very comfortable and there was nothing that I found problematic about this carrier's service. I have since obtained a Lufthansa Miles and More card and am looking to experience an international flight from Toronto to Europe on Lufthansa in the not too distant future.

For my brief experience with this airline, I can only say that I was very impressed.

Date of travel: August 2019