“New Boeing 737”
Review of LOT Polish Airlines

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

LOT is a Poluzh national carrier which has lost some of its sparcle over the last couple of years but now they gained the advantage as they have BRAND NEW aircraft- Boeing 737.

You have to buy food and alcohol but is is very affordable (12 zl per sandwich or hot meal - it is less than £3) wine 10 zl, which is much cheaper than low lost airlines and you will not buy anything cheaper at Warsaw airport for sure (I have checked that). You can pay by card.They offer non alcoholic drinks complimentary however along with small chocolate snack Prince Polo. You have option of hand luggage or luggage included in the rate. The service is polite.

I avoid low cost airlines but I think that £180 flight booked day before departure with luggage was a good value with LOT. I prefer them to British Airways on this route. You have cheaper food, free non alcoholic drinks and super clean new plane.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (2,835)

Reviewed December 17, 2017

an on time flight, will plenty of room, we sat in comfortable leather seats, flights we arrived on time, it was very warm on the flight, no real food just a candy bar.. no drink!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Woody039
Reviewed December 16, 2017

I'm glad LOT finally exchanges their fleet and introduces the new 737 max as the old 737s were a bit worn out.. The flights I had were OK, all on time, basic service but with a smile from nice stewardesses. There are still things they need to learn about customer service but it's getting better.

Reviewed December 16, 2017

The trip from Tokyo to London via Warsaw was absolutely superb. The crew was very friendly, food was good and large selection of drinks. Flight on time easy transfer..

1  Thank 910Adam110
Reviewed December 14, 2017

Well, the flight itself wasn't bad, with friendly and polite staff and the standard average food. The problem is elsewhere. I'm used to have the luggage somewhere between 18 to 21 kg (40 to 46 lb) with every regular flight company and never have had an issue, be it KLM, Alitalia, El Al, Lufthansa, AA, Tarom or Croatia Airlines. With LOT, which is not a cheap flight company, but the Polish national one (with regular price also) I got into trouble. One of the suitcases was 9.5 kg (21 lb) and they asked me to pay, because is over weight by 1.5 kg (3.3 lb)!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! Being already there I payed (of course) and, you won't believe, there was $48 for 1.5 damn kilos. LOT's standard is 8 kg (17.6 lb). Till this day is hard to me to digest it. So, from now on, never again LOT.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Peter K