“Frequent maintenance cancellations and poor ground treatment”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

KLM overall may be a good airlines. However the Amsterdam Kuwait route is problematic. I am 0 for 2 on experience as both times in the last 5 months, the flight was cancelled for maintenance after being strung along with 4 one hour delays.

Further complicating matters was my most recent experience that was characterized by poor ground support. KLM did give us a hotel room, but we had to wait an hour in freezing rain to catch the ground transportation...keep in mind we are dressed for the middle East. Even worse, we only got to take our carry on...so any checked cold weather gear wasn't available.

After the second strike, I'm avoiding this KLM route at all costs!

Write a ReviewReviews (20,649)

Reviewed December 15, 2017

This was a three stop journey starting at NCL Newcastle Airport,Then Amsterdam AMS, on to Salt Lake City SLC finally Medford MFR ,Flight from NCL no Kl960 left on time was a good flight no complaints,landed on time at Ams,we were assisted to our SLC flight no KL 609 Boeing Dreamliner, a bit of our information is required I think ,we had booked in 2016 we were fit and active but by Christmas 2016 I had to be fitted with a Pacemaker, we had book two exit row seats because of my height,we were informed by KLM that we had been move due to my recent op , to the back of economy, after some arguments it was decided to but us in two bulkhead seats apart from each other we got to our seats after some trouble ( read my other review about the Passenger Assistance and AMS in general ) my seat a first was ok until after take off there was no recline on the chair it was broke and the armrest table was hanging loose ,the aircraft gave the impression of bring one of the first Dreamliners that KLM got,service was good ,only one choice of a meal, I was glad the Whisky was decent ( Famous Grouse,
Landed In SLC what a difference ,efficient ,Polite and a great little plane into MFR,
Return journey was great no complaints

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank james0344
Reviewed December 15, 2017

The arm rests did not go all the way up so it was a struggle to get in and out of the seats. Not much room at all. The TV didn’t work well.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

We had a very comfortable flight with enough legroom. Main meal with snacks was given at different intervals. Great service.
Both the taking off and landing was very smooth.
Would fly with KLM again if there’s an offer.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Decided on KLM for flight to son’s wedding mainly on price and flight times as never flown with them before. So glad I did. Despite a change of flight at Schipol and a stop-over at Taiwan the whole experience was excellent. The go flat seats and space was really good and the food overall was very good. However, what made the trip was the professionalism and helpfulness of the staff both on the ground and in the air. The cabin crew bothered to take an interest in you as an individual unlike most crews on certain British airlines who won’t be named!! Will be making the most of my Blue miles in the future.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)