“Good in general but last flight was terrible”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Last seat’s table was broken. Trash were left from previous flight. Not the type of quality KLM is used too. Food is terrible.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (19,269)

Reviewed September 24, 2017

I will never, ever fly KLM again.

Their aircraft, baggage and airport security is dangerously substandard.

Allegedly my two suitcases arrived in Amsterdam from Birmingham, but missed my onward connection to Sierra Leone (Freetown). This occurred on 21st September.

Now, 3 days later, they have no idea where my two large and well marked suitcases are, and neither do they care. No response from the airline (locally or via web site) despite numerous attempts to contact them

Perhaps KLM consider it common practice to allow unaccompanied suitcases to vanish without trace. To me it raises serious concerns over this airline's ( lack of) flight and airport security procedures - dangerous in the extreme.

Never mind the sheer depths of so-called Customer Service they sink to

In writing this, I'm hoping to bring these serious safety and customer care issues to the wider public domain as a warning against using this slipshod airline.

2  Thank John D
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

I am floored a major International airline operates with the unreliability of KLM. I use to fly EasyJet out of Amsterdam for the lower prices but decided to try KLM as EasyJet was consistently delayed as well. Nothing is different with KLM, except higher prices. Save your money and fly EasyJet, just know you'll be delayed.

1  Thank ChrisMM1978
Reviewed September 24, 2017

My wife and I booked a return flight from Inverness to Florence in May. Although we had no problems on the outward trip, on the return we were left stranded by KLM at Amsterdam. Our flight from Florence was initially delayed because Amsterdam was busy and we waited 20 minutes on the tarmac. Although the cabin staff were aware that we had very little time to get to the next leg of our trip (they, helpfully, gave us our departure gate), KLM did not wait for us. Although we rushed across the airport to our gate, it was closed when we got there. There was no attempt to get us to the plane, even though we were booked on it as a single journey with a transfer at Amsterdam. Incredibly our baggage flew WITHOUT US in contravention of basic security. Although we were booked on a subsequent flight (12 hours later!!!) I remain very disappointed in KLM (when I raised a complaint, it was met with a proforma response with little recognition of the poor service we had received) and I question if I would fly them again.

1  Thank jaygeetee19
Reviewed September 23, 2017

The flight was very nice. I was even happy to see the orange pride livery when we got to the plane. I loved the flight, and would take it again if we went back to Jakarta.