“Never again”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Well, we were in the seats that sit in front of the lavatories. Big mistake , the legroom is nil! There are no room for your legs, there are metal boxes in the way and you can only stretch out 1 leg at a time. The tvs were just awful and the screen was so dark , you could barely watch anything. The seats were very small and you could not reasonable sit in your seat without crossing you arms, unless the person sitting next to you had no arms! I flew 7 hours having to my arms crossed the whole time. I felt like a sardine crammed in a little can. 1 piece of our luggage was lost on our 1st flight in to Edinburgh flying from Amsterdam.The line to report the lost luggage was a 2 hour wait.I think we will skip KLM next time we travel

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (19,306)

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We have flown with KLM from Istanbul to Cracow with a stopover in Amsterdam. Both flights were served with rather old 737s with no power outlets, no personal entertainment or even small screen showing flight path. Food was very basic and rather to forget. Fortunately, there was an alcohol. Staff was friendly and helpful.
All in all, KLM on short, European flights is quite competitive (price wise) and solid provider (no delays), but way behind its competitors from Asia and Middle East.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

A nice and easy flight. The on board service was efficient and attendants were polite all the flight... it was the best for me. The lunch was reasonable, and could be better.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

No problems at all. The flight was full and delayed take off for an unknown reason though it was mentioned that they "were still loading baggage" 10 mins after take-off time. However, flight schedules are padded out now with around 20-25 mins so although we left 20 mins late, we arrived "on time".

Reviewed September 20, 2017

My girlfriend and I just got home from a return Amsterdam-KL flight. I love flying and do it regularly so I was shoked as for the first time everything went wrong.

First in Amsterdam we were told the flight was overbooked and that we would lose a day's vacation waiting for the next flight.

It took a very long and harsh negotiation to be admited on the flight. luckyly I am a persuasive kind of guy. But many poor customers were left stranded in the netherlands.

Once on board and having gotten over the stressed we looked forward to the champagne meal I had booked, only to be told it was "unavailable". We had to cope with the standard meal which was horrible by any account.

Staff was old, and had a sufficient, barely polite attitude.Provided headphones kept going on and off and seat comfort was very low.

On the way back our luggage was left behind in Malaysia under the excuse that "there wasn't enough time" to fully load the plane.

We weren't warned of this and ended up wainting an extra hour at a baggage belt to no avail.

At the time of writing we are still waiting for our luggage.

Avoid this company, they are dishonest and rude.