“Still a great airline!”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Like all frequent flyers, I have my likes and dislikes when it comes to airlines. It's about service and space, for some about food. What sets an airline apart, though, is how they deal with issues. This flight was delayed for 1 hour and 40 minutes. I got a message saying this at least 6 hours before scheduled departure. That makes life a lot easier. When boarding, we had run into rush hour. That meant another delay of one and a half hours on the tarmac. The captain and crew went out of their way to keep passengers up to speed. When we had finally taken off, the crew was friendly and great. Kudos KLM!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (19,126)

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

I booked a ticket with KLM 3 months before my trip and when I got to the airport in Barcelona the lines to check in where insane, thank God I always take plenty of time, it took me almost 2 hours to get to to the counter, and the Gentleman there said my ticket was cancelled and he couldn't explain why, I had to go to the customer service desk and after arguing with a lady trying to find out what happened she just handed me another ticket without any explanation.
I thought that was all but when I got in Amsterdam it took me over an hour to go through passport control, (that airport is a mess, they have to figure out something because it's just terrible). By the time I got to my gate my plane was gone because they set me at a different flight than the one I booked, this flight departed only 30 minutes after my plane from Barcelona arrived, so, of course I missed it and I had to go to the customer service desk one more time, the line was just incredibly long like always with this airline, and it took me 2 hours to speak with somebody, I explained what happened and they said they don't have ant control on over that, and they said I will be responsible for not making it in time, but I showed them the original confirmation from 3 months before and after fighting for a while they set me on the next flight to Los Angeles.
That's not all, flight was delayed almost an hour and when we were finally in the plane the A/C stopped working and it got so hot in there, some people started to get very desperate and after 30 stressful minutes full of anxiety we departed.
In Los Angeles I waited for my luggage for over an hour untill they turned off the band and there was no more luggage, I went to customer service, yes, again, and once again they didn't know what happened, I filled a paper and it took me 3 days to get my luggage.
It was the most stressful and upsetting vacation of my life, KLM totally ruined it.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Flight: We were booked in economy comfort and had a great flight with decent food and great flight attendants, especially on our return from Amsterdam on August 14 to Toronto. The flight attendant of 40 years truly was the best flight attendant we have ever had and we have traveled a lot. She was gracious, kind, interested and could not do more to make our flight a wonderful experience. Thank you. However.................................
Booking Seats: Horrendous! I do not know how many times our seats got messed up but it was a nightmare. Our seats on line kept switching and it got very confusing. The 30 hours before our flight when we checked in, everything was messed up again! There were 6 in our group and our names, birth dates and passport numbers were all attributed to another person in our group and had to be straightened out which took a LONG time. Never mind, it happened again upon our return trip even though we were promised it would not happen again. We were really lucky that we were actually able to fly! It makes us hesitate to try and book with KLM in the future. We noted that our travel agent had similar difficulties as well so what can I say?

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Be there with plenty of time. Very busy airport and lots of security. The leg room is very good but the aisles in this aircraft were very narrow. The entertainment was very good and the food also excellent. The personnel was friendly and very efficient.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Our flight from Paris to Amsterdam was a great experience. The careful crew did its utmost to welcome and host us on board. The club sandwich I had for lunch was tasteful and we even got a great coffee. Well done, KLM!!