“Very pleasant flights both ways!”
Review of Kenya Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was trying to fly using miles with several airlines for our trip to Nairobi, but all entailed at least one transfer and the timing didn’t work out for our charter flight. We decided to splurge and go business class on Kenya Airways for this once in a lifetime trip. They had a sale going on, so that definitely helped!
They are the only airline that has direct flights between JFK and Nairobi. The flights were both on time, the service was very nice, and the seats were very comfortable. I actually slept on the way back for 8 hours straight, which I never do on a plane! The food was fine- nothing amazing- but I don’t really expect it to be. I did have a vegetarian dinner on the way back that was quite good. They have only been offering this direct flight for a few years now and they fly the 787-8 Dreamliner, which is a nice aircraft. It seems a little quieter than other jets and the inflight movie selection was extensive.
It was so great not having to transfer. The flight going is almost 13 hours and coming back was longer, so not having to deal with a layover was the best!

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (2,684)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst airline ive everflown ! I flew from Entebbe, to Nairobi, then to New York. My final destination was Toronto (from New York to toronto I flew Delta ) . I Lost 3 ipads, a phone , cologne which were all in my checked in bag;
- missed my connection flight in newyork bcoz KQ delayed in Nairobi for more than 3 hours
- lost my luggage and when I called KQ , I couldnt get anyone to talk to. Their help desk in NY is completely deserted for most of the day. I even inquired from a Delta rep and he told me that every single day, they get about 40 KQ travelers who have been displaced n screwed up by their airlines , so delta airlines ends up being forced to fixed KQ's mess , including lost luggages, every single day. Smh.
On a 15hr flight, we were only served food once. Not only was the food so little , but it was also crappy n tasted like raw duck.! When you ask for tea, coffee or even juice , the flight attendants will take like 30min to serve you, not forgetting their nasty attitude. Plus they serve you coffee in baby cups, meant for 3 yr old toddlers.
Arriving in NewYork, more than half of the passengers either had some or all their suitcases missing. Upon inquiry, we were told that most of the suitcases hadn't even left Nairobi.!
So I lost my gadgets , cologne , phone , and god knows what !
I was so passionate about promoting our local airline , with their direct flight , but from this first experience , NEVER AGAIN WILL I FLY KENYA AIRWAYS!

1  Thank rasobasiczar
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Where to begin... Business class flights London to Kilimanjaro via Nairobi. With an 8 hour lay over in Nairobi. Service on the plane was very much “couldn’t care less” I asked for red wine with my meal,they had 2 small bottles on board for everyone to share, no white wine at all, not one of the cabin crew could care less about delivering any sort of service. The entertainment system and content are so poor there is literally nothing worth turning it on for. When we came to board the flight from Nairobi to Kilimanjaro we were informed that the plane had been changed, as a result we had been downgraded to economy, and handed our new boarding passes. It is only an hours flight, not the end of the world, after much arguing they eventually gave us forms to claim back the difference in cost at least ( that fight is still to come).Arrived on time at Kilimanjaro, despite the 8 hour layover only one of our bags had made the journey with us!!!!! They could not care less, it was put onto a later flight, we were travelling four hours away, and we had to make arrangements to collect the bag ourselves, they totally washed their hands of any responsibility.

This experience could have ruined a wonderful 2 week holiday if we had let it. Do yourself a favour fly with a different carrier.

2  Thank Ikorel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Something's fishy in the cargo practices at Kenya Airways and JamboJet.

The 'weight imbalance' excuse to leave all passenger luggage off your flights but then send the luggage on other flights AND then deliver each luggage to each passengers final destination days later is a scam.

This is not a sustainable profit making plan for Kenya Airways. It appears that a corrupt cartel in Kenya Airways is profiting by diverting funds to cargo and shipping/transportation companies that they own or have interests in.

You're also severely inconveniencing and frustrating your passengers.

All other airlines manage to estimate their loads (passenger, fuel, cargo) seamlessly all day, every day!! Why can't Kenya Airways??

2  Thank 308pm
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I arrived in London on a direct flight from Nairobi on Saturday 11 Jan 2010 only to find that my bag was missing. Very unusual on a direct flight and disappointing to myself and the over 20 other people who were similarly affected.

I filed a missing bag report on the same day of arrival and was promised that my bag would be delivered on Sunday. I spent most of Sunday waiting for my bag but it was not delivered and I was not informed that my bag would not be delivered. .

On Monday and Tuesday I tried to arrange a convenient delivery time with City bags luggage (appointed by Kenya Airways to deliver baggage) but to no avail. Unsurprisingly I am at work all day. City bags luggage were unable/unwilling to deliver my bag except during working hours (9 - 5 pm). I requested a friend assist and he made himself available after 4 pm on Wednesday. City bags luggage again, were unable/unwilling to exercise any flexibility. Luckily the delivery was made after 4 pm but the driver refused to deliver into the building and insisted that his instructions were to leave the bag by the kerb. My friend had to collect my bag from the parking area.

I cc'd Kenya Airways on conversations I had with City bags luggage but no-one contacted me.

This is not the first time I have had an airline forget my bag, but this is my worst experience. Overall very stressful, disappointing, and customer unfriendly. Kenya Airways, should passengers be prepared to take a day off work to wait for a bag delivery and also go to the parking area to collect it?

• Food and Beverage