“Kenya Airways are among the better”
Review of Kenya Airways

Reviewed August 1, 2019

Kigali-Bujumbura-Nairobi-Dubai on 31 July 2019 on an old E190 and on a newer B787, respectively. Faultless travels, first flight to NBO via BJM on time, 2nd flight delayed 70 Minutes. Check in KGL was fine but slow. Could not check in my baggage to final destination but at least they could transfer it beyond DXB on another airline, which made me OK. Service onboard fully acceptable, 3 types of small, cold sandwiches on brown bread. Wines of RSA origin, acceptable but not memorable. Transit in NBO smooth, jetbridge deboarding and boarding. Flights were both full in economy cabin, but service inboard was managed well and thoroughly. No IFE on first flight. Detour to BJM very annoying. FAs were fine, nothing too much trouble. Due to delay on 2nd flight they granted me access to the wonderful Pride Lounge in NBO, that was a nice move, and I enjoyed really and filled up my depots. I love this lounge due to its space, curved form, good food, and views of tarmac. Second flight had IFE, good food, and generous drink rounds. I had lamb, 1 of 3 options for hot meal. FAs were in splendid mood – twice I ordered a drink and both times I got one extra “as bonus”. Seats with amble space. Ticket was cheap and provided excellent value for money.

1  Thank 385andersp
Write a reviewReviews (2,434)

Reviewed August 1, 2019

The flight was nice, smooth take off and very smooth landing. The on-board service was good. The pilot alerted us to view the peak of Kilimanjro enroute during our flight. The overall service was generally good.

Reviewed August 1, 2019

When my family and I collected our suitcases at Heathrow all our suitcases, all six of them had been badly damaged. I can understand perhaps one bag getting horrible scratches and in the past have accepted it as wear and tear. But this time all six had black oly marks, deep scratches and deep whitish marks. I sent Kenya Airwyas photos of them but they soon stopped even acknowledging my emails. Will NOT be flying with them again.

Date of travel: April 2019
1  Thank R J
Reviewed July 31, 2019

Kenya Airways was supposed to transfer our luggage at JFK and take it to Madagascar. The bags did not arrive and Kenya Airways says none of the baggage claim numbers we have are of any use to them, our names are of no use to them, ticket numbers or anything, and there is nothing they can do to find or track the bags.

When we politely asked to speak to a manager, they hung up on us three times.

This is the first time I have flown this airline and the last. I have zero confidence in their capabilities.

1  Thank lochhead14
Reviewed July 31, 2019

On the morning of 31 July 2019, my husband and I took a flight from Kigali (KQ 479) to Johannesburg via Nairobi. At Kigali we needed to check in an extra bag and were told we needed to pay for it in cash. We did not have enough cash on us and we were struggling with the ATMs. It was a really strenuous moment, there we were in a foreign land anxious to go home and it looked as though we would leave a bag behind. The Kenya Airways staff at the counter were supportive, empathetic and yet conscious not to delay the whole fight. eventually, we managed to scrap together the required cash and paid. Buy this time the flights about to close, we had RWF 50,000 and needed to have paid about RWF47,000. of course were weren't bothered with change at that point and were happy to just make it into our flight. Just before the flight doors closed, in entered the same Kenya Airways staff to who we had paid for the bags. he had rushed after us with the RWF 3,000 change. such honesty and diligence you do not see often. I am sad I did not get the gentleman's name. Please thank him for us. he represents your brand very well.