“Reliable friendly service”
Review of Jet2.com

Reviewed September 23, 2017

I have used Jet2 for a number of years now and they provide an efficient reliable service. The aircraft are clean and comfortable for short haul flights. Choice of food and drink is perfectly acceptable. The only downside is having to wait for our luggage on the return flight to Birmingham.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (13,941)

Reviewed September 23, 2017

It is true to say that I am a huge fan of Jet2 and they never let me down. I have flown all over the World with a variety of different airlines from short haul to long haul but I have never been as impressed with any of the airlines I have flown with until we started flying Jet2 about 10 years ago. My first flight with them was to Amsterdam when they first launched in Newcastle and we have travelled with them to Ibiza, Turkey, Gran Canaria and Corfu.

One of the most noticeable things about Jet2 is how swift and efficient the airport check-in experience is - we have rarely had to queue and when we have, it has only been for a couple of minutes. There are plenty of staff around the check-in area to greet you (which they do with a smile politely) so you are not likely to miss your check-in desks or panic if you have questions. When you are checked in, you are wished a safe flight and a good holiday from agents who seem professional and genuine which is an excellent start to your journey.

I tend to travel quite light so this flight I took a rucksack that weighed in at around 5kg whereas my friend took a suitcase that weighed in at just under 22kg. As the allowance is a generous 22kg per person, we never have to worry about the weight of our luggage or going over the amounts.

From the check-in through to boarding the process is swift and literally flies past (pun intended) and before you know it, you are being welcomed aboard by an immaculately dressed cabin crew.

Another noticeable difference I found this year (having been abroad earlier in the year with a different airline) was the seat space. The seats do not feel as claustrophobic as other airlines I have been on and the leg room is just enough for you to be able to move your legs without causing discomfort. The previous airline I travelled on felt like you were squashed and had to eat your food off your chest. Jet2 does not feel like this. You can pay for the additional leg room and if you are particularly tall or need the space due to mobility issues then it may be worthwhile.

My friend and I never reserve our seats in advanced but we have only had one instance where this has resulted in us not being able to sit together, which was fine but if you are travelling in a group and desperately want to sit together then this may be the best thing to do.

We boarded our flight on time and we were in the air on schedule. Before we knew it, we were 33,000 feet in the air looking through the onboard menu.

Jet2, like most other airlines, offers onboard food and drink. The food ranges from sandwiches and toasties (around £5 including a pack of crisps) to snack boxes which includes cheese and crackers. There was also the option of chilli and mac and cheese (at around £7 each) as well as chocolate and Ainsley Harriet cuppasoups. The menu is varied enough to have something for everyone and priced, I think, relatively reasonably.given that it is a convenience service. For drinks, there is a selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate as well as cans of beer, wines, spirits and champagne. If you have not had time to go to Boots in the airport to grab a meal deal beforehand (around £4 for a sandwich, crisps (or snack) and a drink) then you might want to consider buying some food onboard just be mindful that it will not be cheap...especially if feeding a family.

NB - You can prebook your meals if you want to whilst booking the holiday (or afterwards) so if you want to take the worry off getting some food, you might want to do this instead.

The flight went over without incident, although, as expected, there was some rowdiness from some of the passengers who were getting a little too excited about going to Ibiza. One of the ways Jet2 tries to mitigate this is to have an automated message that they play that explains that they want the flight to be pleasant for everyone and antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated. This does seem to do the job and as loud as some of the passengers were, they were not really causing a nuisance.

I found the crew onboard to be professional, polite and pleasant as well as keen to make you feel welcomed and safe onboard and I really enjoyed my flight.

Hats off to the captain and the co-pilot for getting us there safely and with minimal turbulence and a massive well done to the crew for making me feel valued as a customer.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

My first time with Jet2, and I was very impressed.
Very friendly & helpful cabin crew. Plenty of legroom (I am 6ft).
We prebooked in flight meals, and I can say was superb and actually better than some of the major long haul airlines.
A man sat next to me said he flew to Spain several times a year and always used Jet2.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Invisa Eroso hotel at Es Canar Ibiza. The staff were fantastic and the hotel spotless. All diets are catered for, the food delicious. The flights both to and from Ibiza were good too. My husband needs special assistance as his mobility is limited. He was treated with all respect and care . I have one complaint however. We only went for one week, granted, but not once did we see the Jet2 holiday rep. The person from another company was there nearly every day. He said that he rarely visits. I know that if we had a serious issue, we had a number to call. Surely though , if he has a time to be at a venue, he should be there at !east once. Luckily, we were able to deal with things ourselves. Good job though...... right?

Reviewed September 22, 2017

If you need a cheap flight to go on holiday then this is the airline for you, but bear in mind you will be sitting for 4 hours on seats that were as comfortable as a plastic doctors waiting room chair. Staff were friendly but the airline is what it is, it will appear cheap but then encourage you to part with your money at every opportunity.

1  Thank saintee56