“Continues Decline in Service”
Review of Jet Airways

Reviewed October 23, 2017

I first flew Jet Airways in Apr 2017 and was quite impressed with them. I had two reasons to fly with them, the first was a blunder from Himalayan Airlines which pulled out from direct flights to Colombo from Kathmandu and the option they gave was Jet Airways that suited our schedule and then again in Oct 2017. The second was I love flying Boeing and Jet was the only option in that category.

I've flown in 8 different flights between Colombo-Mumbai and Mumbai-Kathmandu and the most recent flight from Kathmandu to Mumbai was just sheer crazy. The attitude of the flight attendants towards the South Asian (Black-skinned) is so appalling and they behave as if Jet Airways paying us to fly them. However their colonial-era mindset is still deeply etched in their minds as they'd fall on backwards to serve white-skinned passengers.

They served a selection of fruit juices up to Row 30 and then bluntly started serving fizzy drinks saying fruit juice is out of stock. Then they ran out of Non-veg meals by the 34th Row and still had no courtesy to apologize for it instead forced people to switch for vegetarian.

You have to practically beg to get some water and the air hostesses only good at hushing people rather than serving them. I even have their names but for ethical reasons don't put them here.

Then they served half meals with the aluminium foil torn and part of the meal is missing. When questioned about it, simply gave what was missing wrapped very poorly as if doing us a favor and also sarcastically claiming that part was not in the non-veg meal whereas the full meal was served to others before us.

They didn't even serve water with the meals and then no proper plan to collect the litter and all the time the air hostesses kept passing what's missing from each other wasting so much time keeping people hungry and thirsty. By the time they started serving tea/coffee the flight was almost at Mumbai and no tea/coffee from row 34 till the end as the air hostess simply vanished into their back room.

There was a male attendance whom I inquired if they had run out of tea/coffee too and then he offered to bring me some but I said none of the people behind our row got it and we were on descend approach to Mumbai at the time.

They served with the mentality of Cattle Class instead of Economy and those air hostesses not good for a cargo airline let alone a passenger airline. It's sad to see the quality of Jet Airways going down like this. Those air hostesses thought every black-skinned person can understand Hindi as they replied for anything in Hindi. Don't they know that there are many other languages and at least have the courtesy to check with the passenger if he/she understands it or not?

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,697)

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

I flew now several times with Jet Airways and I am not excited at all. They offer cheap prices, but that is it... The flight attendants just do their job and there is no personal touch. It is nothing special compared to other airlines. If I will fly again, just the price will decide.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

We booked the flights on 23rd December 2016, flight DEL-IXL schedule was supposed to depart from Delhi Airport (DEL) on 11th April 2017 (8 persons)

Good thing that On 6th March 2017one of the participants wanted to cancel the flight. So I have made the request to the agency and learned that the flight departure date from Delhi was changed to the another day automatically.

We did not receive this notification from Jet Airways, no e-mail, no phone call nothing from the airline.

The Jet Airway (Bangkok) staff had inform the agency in that day that there will be a military operation on 11th April at Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport (IXL) so that no flight could operate at that day.

So, on 7th March, I contacted Jet Airways (Bangkok) office directly in need of assurance. The same person has reaffirmed that the airport will be undoubtedly closed due to a military operation. She also mention that Jet Airways has been notified by the India Airport, and as soon as the other airlines receive the same notification, they will cancel their flights on that date as well.

The staff offered me two option
1. Cancel the trip (cancelled all flight, get full refund, cannot make a cancellation only one section DEL-IXL)
2. Change the traveling date

It’s so very out of character that airline staff informed me the airport will be closed and left me with no other options than these two. It is a normal practice that she should have assisted me to alternative flight but failed to do so.

After a lot of trouble we have to went through due to changes of the plan, I then have found out that many other airlines will operate their flights as usual on original booking date. So I decided to contact the Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport and Airport Authority of India directly. That is when we received the same confirmation that IT IS NOT TRUE, KUSHOK BAKULA RIMPOCHEE AIRPORT IS OPERATIONAL THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, EXCEPT WHEN SUBJECT TO WEATHER CONDITION. THERE WILL BE NO MILITARY OPERATION AS WE HAVE BEEN TOLD AT ALL.

I called to BKK office again the another staff talked to me like he is a computer machine "ํYour flight was change you've already change the traveling date" over and over again so he can't help.

I've paid extra cost to booked Air India for DEL-IXL sector by myself and found that Air India operating their flight as usual.

Unbelievable that false information about military operation was given by Jet Airways staff and this led me into conclusion that no any other airlines will be able to land at the Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport (IXL) on 11th April 2017 and caused us a lot of troubles.

We were very disappointed with this embarrassing lie. It jeopardised our plan and put us in such stressful situation. Holidays are supposed to be fun and excitement, but the airline staff’s dishonesty put us beyond nothing but distress.

After that I told them that this is such a unacceptable thing. This is obviously not our fault and I will sent complaint letter to the head office then they quickly send me the letter that they will cancelled one route DEL-IXL and give us a refund one sector DEL-IXL (attached)

Since 26th March, after received their letter until now I still haven't received anything at all :)

16 April at IXL airport, the staff at the check in counter was given my luggages tag to the another group. when I asked for it she said that she already given it to me and she was asked me "Are you sick" together pointed her finger to the area which I could not get in and told me "you go there and check your bag" this is a bad sarcastic...and very very rude.

Now I don't need any refund ,just wanted to tell them they should giving the mentioned staff a proper edification about basic ethics, politely, especially honesty, these thing would be "a plus" for their organization.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

I was surprised to enter the 3x4x3 seating..I traveled in great comfort , all thanks to the check-in lady at T3. Since I was traveling onward to Pondicherry, I took a lovely rest on the way back. My special meal served to me was also wonderful!

Thanks JA,,,

Reviewed October 23, 2017

loved the small business class, only 8 seats so with 2 attendants was very comfy. had one of my best inflight meals,