“Good seats, Great Service and Amazing Food”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

While the cabin is starting to show it's age, and is not as fancy as the new First Class Suites that are popping up, this product is still amazing.

The suite itself, while door-less, is very private. I was traveling with a partner, and found it quite easy to talk to each other, but with the partitions raised, I cannot see her at all.

The seat is roomy, and for a 6foot, 250lb guy, I had plenty of space to toss and turn and sleep. And JAL still provides a mattress pads with the choice of firm or soft.

The service is top notch, the cabin crew were all super friendly, and was available immediately as soon as you needed them, but at no point did they feel intrusive.

The food is one of the true highlights of the flight. This meal would be great even if it was at a restaurant on the ground. My favorite dish was the tuna, which was made with fresh high grade O-toro. It was so good, I ordered 2 plates.

I slept for majority of the flight so I could not try all the food, but everything we did have was delicious.

This F cabin does have the seatbelt on the ottoman which means couples could dine together. Although it is a little awkward as the person sitting on the ottoman has their back leaning on the TV, but other than that, it was fun to be able to dine with your significant other on the plane.

My small gripe is that JAL no longer serves Dean Deluca ice cream in first, and now it's just haagen daaz which seems too "plain" for First class imo.

The amenities kit is now by Etro, (it was loewe last time I flew with JAL) and for ladies a CDP face mask was given, while men got the Shiseido grooming kit, I opted to get the CDP facemask for myself as well, as men can also appreciate a good face mask.

The PJs offered is now unbranded, the old ones had a JAL logo, I found these new PJs to be much softer than before, and are very comfortable. They fit big, the Large actually for me when I am usually a XXL in street clothes.

Overall JAL still offers a super amazing First Class with good seats, great service and amazing food.

1  Thank Barry Y
Write a reviewReviews (9,081)

Reviewed May 25, 2019

Our first trip to Japan and this 13 hour flight was the start of our vacation. We were 2 in the 3 seat section next to the window near the back of economy class. The staff was attentive and kind. We had 2 full meals and a small sandwich offered in between, no charge for wine served with food. The food was pretty good. Frequent trips were made by the attendants to offer tea, water or juice. They left pitchers of both in the back of the cabin along with a basket of assorted snacks where you could help yourself. There were movies, TV programs, music and games all available for each seat. Blankets, pillows and eye masks were available.The plane was clean.

Date of travel: April 2019
2  Thank Suzy L
Reviewed May 25, 2019

Heard about the great service of Japanese airlines and sure was not disappointed with this flight. The flight was very well organized from the start of the boarding process to deplaning. The only slight flaw was the Economy Class food was not so great, although the Japanese beers being offered made up for it! Also the plane was older so the inflight entertainment system and seat need to be refurbished!

Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

This was my first experience flying with JAL and it won’t be the last. The services was 5 star (even in Economy) and the level of comfort was great. The steward staff were great, especially with our kids. The food was the best airline food I have tasted in a while, even better than some business class meals I have experienced.

Date of travel: April 2019
1  Thank Meegan P
Reviewed May 24, 2019

The business class experience was okay overall and the service was very friendly. I chose the Western menu and it was disastrous. The food looked and tasted dated, the main dish (fish) was not properly warmed up and had totally dried up; quite frankly it was a disgrace. Even the coffee was lukewarm and weak. Not a good experience!

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.