“JAL-my favourite Japanese Airline”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed May 2, 2019

I often fly with JAL First Class from either Tokyo to Osaka or vice versa and have never been disappointed, the service is definitely the best I have experienced, the crew are so polite, professional and friendly, I think our Australian national carrier international/domestic flight crew should be trained by JAL.
Sadly, the flight is only 45 minutes but nonetheless you are treated like royalty, the meal was delicious, plentiful and presented so well that it would even out shine some of the fine dining restaurants that I have eaten at.
Thoroughly recommend JAL First Class

3  Thank Shinboner_18
Write a reviewReviews (9,081)

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

I have been traveling for 45 years for both business and pleasure and all over the world. I have flown other International carriers and this is my first time to fly Japan Airlines. I flew premium economy and was pleasantly surprised how much the seats reclined and how great the service was. I also enjoyed the Japanese food on the airline it was very good. I'm also a fan of foreign film and they had some great little Japanese films. I will definitely fly them again.

1  Thank BornToTravel46
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Our second flight with Japan airlines and much more enjoyable than our previous overnight flight.
The cabin staff were all pleasant, attentive and service orientated. A really excellent and friendly team.
The cabin was half full with most seats in the centre empty. Two meals were served during the flight, a hot lunch tray after takeoff and udon noodles before arriving in Melbourne. Quite good overall and much better than the overnight snack pack and breakfast we had last flight.
Legroom was very good and the general atmosphere quiet.
I recommend taking a day flight over flying at night if you can, as I found it hard to sleep well overnight in premium economy seats. They are quite firm with limited adjustment.

1  Thank Kittie01
Reviewed April 29, 2019

I dont fly very often, but I felt even in economy that the staff did an awesome job. I would definitely fly with them again

2  Thank Bill K
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Flight was delayed about an hour, due to a problem with the entertainment system (according to the announcements). But we saw them loading cargo into the bay (which we think was the real reason for the delay). Got on board pretty fast after the delay and we were seated and take off without any problems. We actually arrived in New York on time. The crew was was friendly and helpful, hang up jackets, got us drinks and blankets, etc. There was only one served meal on the flight - dinner. The food was okay, with the main course being fish or beef. The appetizers were strange but okay. After the meal, everything has to be ordered with the flight attendant or the remote, choices were good from sandwiches, noodle, rice, salad, etc. They were served until 1:30 hours before landing. Luggage got there okay. Somewhat enjoyable flight, will take JAL again.

1  Thank bensonw988
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.