“JAL To Osaka, Transit Tokyo ”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our first visit to Japan and my chance to fly JAL.
Trying to catch the cherry blossom season, we caught a night flight to Osaka and onward by bus to Kyoto.
This 9PM flight will transist at Haneda with about 2.5 hrs window to catch the domestic flight which will land at Itami.
JAL boost of generous leg room at economy, which I found it true, but the seats has rather thin cushions all round, which made sleeping a bit uncomfortable. I would suggest a travel pillow for more comfort.
Light supper, beer, sake, etc , are all available, to help you sleep better. We land at the international terminal at Haneda. You will have to clear customs, retrieve your luggage, and check in at the domestic flight counter located in the International terminal. Then you go to the basement and catch the right bus to the domestic terminal. There are 2 types of bus service. One goes to where ANA uses and the other JAL. As you can see, this process takes time, and if your flight is delayed, you will need to rush. The domestic flight was smooth, and I would like to praise the JAL ground staff for arranging the next connecting flight for us, as I've missed the scheduled flight, because I forgot to adjust my watch, for the 1 hour time difference.
The return flight is from Osaka, Kansai, also transit Haneda. This sector is much better, as our luggage were automatically transfer to the international flight.
As the flight from Kansai also lands at the Haneda domestic terminal, you still have to take the bus to the International terminal. Duration of bus ride is about 15 mins, but sometimes due to aircraft movements, the Tower may halt all vehicles movements.
Overall great flight, good experience, nice Japanese politeness and food.

1  Thank ThorofRP
Write a ReviewReviews (7,427)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A great flight ,seats with plenty of leg room.
Good on board entertainment and food very good .
Crew very attentive , would recommend this airline.

Date of travel: March 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service was ok apart from no English language at all for all the announcements which I didn’t like also the landing was not the best

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

They have the best service..... i luv always japanese... they are the best. But the food was not good

1  Thank Evenme_2
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been japan for traveling with family around 8 days with a fantastic trip. Everything looks perfect from the trip begins until back to Thailand with Japan Airlines flight JL0727 (14th Jan 2019).My family get some problem which is cabin crew’s responsibility to solve it but when I noticed to Japanese Cabin crews. She cannot deal with this problem and ignore it. I feel really bad,It’s not because of the problem but the service mind with Japanese cabin crew done to me. I have been flied with Japan Airlines for 14 years but customer loyalty will be ended here thanks.

Date of travel: April 2562