“One of the BEST!”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

One of the best airlines I’ve tried! From the moment I stepped into the aircraft, I instantly felt its world-class aura. Their SERVICE is on point! From the ground staff, assistants, and of course flight attendants, they were all professional and kind. I bought my tickets maybe 2 months (or less) before my trip to Japan. I chose economy but it felt like business class (what more if I opted for business class). The entertainment available during the flight will surely keep you entertained the whole flight. Their movie selection had recent movies (I watched “The Greatest Showman”, “Tomb Raider”, “A Star is Born”, and “Bohemian Rhapsody”). They also had movies from other countries and Japan of course. Music and other sorts of entertainment was available but wasn’t able to really explore them since I was busy watching and eating. Yes, EATING! The food in JAL was really good, it was delicious. Overall, JAL for me is one of the best decisions I ever made. I have already recommended JAL to my family and friends, and for sure I will fly with JAL on my next Japan trip.

1  Thank JamesGalen
Write a reviewReviews (9,081)

Reviewed March 30, 2019

This was our first trans-Pacific flight and we’ve had some less than ideal long haul flights in the past. For this trip, we decided to splurge and go with JAL’s Premium Economy.

The flight actually exceeded expectations. The obvious extra room was much appreciated (I’m 6’ 1”) but the other enhancements such as lounge access, expedited baggage handling, and enhanced menu offerings also added to the overall experience.

The JAL team, both on the ground and cabin crew, were top notch. Professional and friendly. I was sort of dreading the 13 hour flight, but my fears were quickly dissipated.

We’ll definitely return to Japan and JAL will be the first airline we consider

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank BostonTravelers00
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Great to stay a week and take advantage of the JR tickets. Relaxing trip to Yunomine Onsen. Wonderful foodie stay in Tokyo.

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank ChuHuatL
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

We had an issue where we were trying to bring a lithium ion battery item that was safe for travel through, but Japan’s version of tsa said it was unsafe. We tried to argue and proved that it was safe, off their own website no less, but to no avail. That isn’t the issue here though...when we asked how we could mail it home, the Japan Airlines staff had no clue. When we asked what we are supposed to do, they shrugged at us and said sorry, no idea, they are just the airline. While we tried to google to figure it out, the staff then cracked jokes at us and called us stupid argumentative Americans. So there was that. Will not recommend Japan Airlines or fly them, American, or any sister airline ever again. Whole experience was awful and it didn’t help that while we were giving up an expensive item (that mind you, is on the approved list on JAL’s website), we got to be made fun of too. Don’t assume we don’t know the language.

3  Thank 416erikd
Reviewed March 29, 2019

My first time traveling outside of the country with my wife, for our honeymoon. I was a little nervous, but the kindness of the flight crew, the comfort of the plane, the amazing inflight meal... all of it made the long 12 hour flight fly by, pun intended. There were plenty of recently released movies available to help pass the time (I watched 3 on the flight there).

We intend to go back to Japan as soon as possible, and we will most definitely be flying Japan Airlines again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank lsgphx
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.