“Efficient and Courteous”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed January 26, 2019

We flew JAL from PVG to KIX and a return flight NRT to PVG recently and we were totally wowed by the level of service we received, the comfort on board, and the efficiency of boarding/deplaning.

The meals were edible, though nothing incredible - by the hagen daz ice cream was a nice touch. We loved the SkyKiwi drink, and were so please that we could opt for that along with a glass of wine and a cup of hot green tea after our meal. In flight entertainment was awesome, and especially on our second flight when we had a newer plane with their extra-wide economy seats we were SO comfortable. One of our best flights ever. They gave us blankets even for the short haul flights, and the little things like cup holders and extra compartments in the seat back really made for an enjoyable flight. Can't wait to fly JAL again!

Date of travel: December 2018
3  Thank suffragettecitygirl
Write a reviewReviews (9,081)

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

JAL is supposed to be all about customer service and I did not get that. I went in line and due to a codeshare flight I checked with their staff to Check if this was the right place I need to be. The staff in polo shirts were like no, you need to go 2 gates down.... carrying two heavy luggage, I raced there to find out I need to go back to the original spot. Sweating and tired I told them of the situation and they tell me that, the staff in their check in counter area don’t know how to speak English and not their staff...so this situation does not have to do with JAL... ummm ok...
then one of my bags was 3 kilos over and they charged me.. haha. Great service recovery too! -_-;;;

2  Thank Laurenie88
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

The food and drink options were excellent, the seat didn’t lay completely flat and I ended up sleeping reclined but was very comfortable. I feel like premium economy may be the best value for the dollar with this airline but if it’s not available then business class is still a good but pricey option.

Cheers!

Reviewed January 24, 2019

Yes, the way it should be when flying. Highly respectful and well educated crew, staff, absolutely ravishing food , real champagne ,not fake bubbly like on First (haha) American or even worse UA and of course japanese elegance. I tried ANA several times, each time was disappointing so I came back to JAL. By far the best airline on oneworld together with qatar and cathay. All the rest on that alliance just pathetic. Big seats, good selection of food,elegant dark design,unlike that horrible ana blue, either japanese or european meals,drinks first class. Excellent wine selection.Nothing to complain.

3  Thank DRLuxury
Reviewed January 24, 2019

Everything first class is supposed to be. Private compartments, great ameneties, Bose headphones, excellent food and wine, pajamas, and lie flat beds made up with mattress pad and quilt by attentive flight attendants.

1  Thank LKKtravels
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.