“I’m lovin’ it!”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

The Sakura Lounge (Level 2) at Narita International Airport was huge and the service & amenities were awesome. Plenty of beverages & snacks. Best place to chill until my flight (Gate 93 - JL 711) was ready for boarding.

My seat (20K) was already prepped with an amenity kit, a blanket, a pillow and noise canceling headphones. I definitely enjoyed the nice headphones, since I didn't have one myself. The amenity kit was great for a short red-eye flight. I also got slippers & a shoehorn. The entertainment selection was up-to-date and had Western & Asian options.

The seats had a comfortable, adjustable headrest & a padded seatbelt. I had a ton of leg room, a leg rest, an adjustable footrest, and a center divider for some privacy! I've never sat in an airline seat with so many footrest options. The seat was also wide & instead of reclining backward it reclined forward so that it doesn't disturb the person sitting behind me. Cabin crew was attentive & friendly.

JAL Premium Economy seats were a huge upgrade from the economy seats. I have sat in JAL economy seats and the Premium Economy seats were a million times better.

I would definitely fly JAL Premium Economy again.

1  Thank dayanas744
Write a reviewReviews (9,081)

Reviewed November 11, 2018

I am so glad I quit flying Emirates and I gave JAL a try. The service in economy class is simply stunning. All these new Middle Eastern airlines can do what they want, their flight attendants are simply not up to the job. In addition, the boarding is super smooth unlike the madness at Dubai airport or in Doha.
On JAL the flight attendants show the amazing tradition of hospitality of Japanese, and the food is excellent. Even the Japanese snacks during the meal services are great!

Reviewed November 11, 2018

It has been a very long time since I flew JAL (over 14 years) and I have to say I've been utterly impressed by the excellence of the service, way above SQ and Cathay Pacific. The cabin is pleasant, but the food is really the best I've ever had in economy class and the flight attendants are amazing.

Reviewed November 11, 2018

The economy class seats on this flight were very comfortable with lots of leg room compared to other airlines. Flight attendants were attentive, friendly, and always smiling. (I think it must be a directive that they smile every time they talk to you!) The food was good for an airline (2 full meals and a snack), wine and beer are free.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2018

JAL's newest aircraft has 1-2-1 configuration in its business class, and offers great convenience (all isle access) and comfort (full flat and side table) for long-haul flights. Japanese food is great with nice chardonnay wine. Elite member has access to Cathay lounges, which are the best by far at the Hong-Kong airport.

1  Thank KevinTokyo
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.