“Flying Auberge”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed September 3, 2018

It was good there was a check-in counters and security check of first class only. But, it was not good there was no emigration of first class only.First class lounge was comfortable. Cabin attendant welcomed with smile. It was the seat surrounded by a pattition, such as modern living room with decoration of wood. The combination of the french courses and extensive wine selection ot top chef supervision were like a flying restaurant. After the turn-down service, I was able to sleep soundly dressed to the prepared pajamas. Cabin attendant gave me service in advance understand my needs. My heart was filled with the flight such as I stayed in Augerge. I was not tired at all in spite of the 12 hours of flight. British immigration was smooth in the use of fast track.I was able to spend without stress from the biginning to the end of the flight. I want to use JAL first class again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (9,081)

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Best First class experience from start to finish. JAL First class passengers also get access to Sakura lounge at Haneda airport. Shower room is available although a bit on the small side. Staff is very friendly and lounge is really spacious. Made to order food "hamburg steak w/ Madeira & Truffle" was available during 17:30~23:30. Other services such as massage chair and shoe shine service available.
Once on board, the flight attendant introduce themselves. Service is top notch and attendants very genuine unlike the other airline *cough cough* but it could be because this is First class and this was also my flight attendant's first time in this cabin. Needless to say, every is great in terms of food and service. Wagyu beef, caviar, champagne, and bed was made when ready to sleep. IMO JAL provides the best service in the sky and staff seem very genuine in making sure you are taken good care of!

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

On the 30 August my wife and I were travelling business class with JAL to Prague JL 772 from Sydney with an overnight stay paid by JAL at the Marroad Hotel

I would like to report back on our experiences

The food in the restaurant was of poor quality and lacked the flair and skill Japanese food is known for.

The room had a dirty towel on the sideboard

I use a CPAP machine, this needs to be plug into next to the bed, The only way to have the bedside power point work was to have the hallway light on.

I called reception who came to the room who confirmed this was correct.

The required us to sleep all night with the light on in the room.

The internet was unusable , the router was outside if our room door and we still had virtually no connection . We had reception come and assist but could not fix the issue

Overall in my view the hotel was at best 2 stars.

I am confused and disappointed as to how the sits along side JAl business class airport and inflight product.

I understand the airline prides itself on the quality of the product , and rightly so.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

My family took the flight to Narita for 7 hours. Eventhough we were in economy, the leg room was spacious and did not feel cramped. The toilet was very clean and with the electronic buttons for bidet and all other functions. Crew were attentive and very polite. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Our flight to Kuala Lumpur from Narita was very comfortable with JAL. Nice and friendly staff. I had the Japanese lunch which was good. I ordered an earl grey tea but was not available only had English beakfast tea. Inflight movie /entertainment selection was average. Vanity kit was not given therefore cannot comment on that. Overall not a bad flight

• Value for money
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.