“Excellent First Class experience!”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed July 24, 2018

In Tokyo/Haneda I used a designated First Class check in counter. After passing through the security checkpoint quickly I proceeded to the JAL First Class lounge. The lounge was very spacious, but crowded a bit, and offered a good selection of breakfast food and drinks. They also had shower rooms, a champagne-bar, a room with a kicker machine and a smoking room. I enjoyed the time during my stay in this lounge! After boarding the Boeing 777-300ER I was guided to the JAL Sky Suite 1A. The cabin was not fully booked, which was not too bad. The charming crew members in the First Class cabin introduced themselves with their names and offered some drinks before takeoff. The seat was really spacious and clean, but a bit outdated, which was not a problem for me at all. There was also waiting a red amenity kit from Porsche Design. Up in the air the service started with an amuse-gueule of my special preordered japanese vegetarian menu, followed by a very delicious multi-course special meal. Every time I was served a new plate or bowl the flight attendant explained to me what it is consisting of and also the meaning in japanese cuisine. I was really surprised of the friendliness and attentiveness of the airline staff, which I enjoyed pretty much! Concerning the drinks I decided to try after the french champagne a Pommard red wine, which also was from France. After meal service was over I was handed out a pyjama and I changed my clothes in the bathroom. In the meantime my seat was converted to a comfortable bed with a mattress and very soft sheets. By the way in the bathroom they had a typical japanese toilet with a lot of the famous functions toilets have in Japan. I had a very good sleep above the clouds, although I woke up and could order a noodle soup and a pot of tea. There was served another delicious vegetarian meal before arrival in London. I even could order some stuff from the regular menu at all times. Very special for japanese airlines is, that they offer a good selection of japanese drinks like different kinds of sake wines, which I also tried a glas or two from. All in all I have to say, that JAL is a reliable and safe japanese airline, which I definetly would fly again with! This First Class flight was one of the best experiences I made in this class of service not least because of the professionalism of the cabin crew members.

Date of travel: May 2018
1  Thank Thomas D
Write a reviewReviews (9,081)

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We were upgraded on our return flight and what a wonderful experience. The cubicles were divine. I had so much room and was so comfortable for the entire journey. The food was magnificent. Drinks and snacks were plentiful if required. Flight staff attended immediately once the call bell was pushed. The toilets were always clean whenever needed. Something that is definitely not common.
Will definitely consider a trip in business class again.

1  Thank Samhain73
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We went premium economy due to our height and we loved it. The staff were very nice the food was tasty and we could have endless drinks and snacks. Fantastic. Would definitely fly again.

1  Thank Samhain73
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

i booked my flight from flight network. i pay for my window seat all the way from edmonton to jakarta, somehow japan-jakarta is not window seat. i asked at vancouver counter gate to help me change it but they couldnt do it even though the window seats are available, so they ask me when i arrive in japan, i should go to transfer counter.
After i went for security check at international tranfer, there’s transfer counter on the right, so i went there to ask them change to window seat. unfortunately the lady is rejected my request rudely, then i showed her that i paid for the window seat, even the service at vancouver asked to change it in japan. another drama that she talked to her supervisor in japanese about my case, still she said no service for economy class!!!!! so when you are in economy class means no ground service in narita airport!!!!!!! i wish i took photo of them!!!!!

2  Thank Shierlyna T
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Undoubtedly the best flight of my life. As there were only three people in the cabin, the crew recommended we move to another row so we have a full row to ourselves - so we didn't even see the other passenger. Demonstrating the service and consideration we'd see throughout the flight, they made up the empty window seats as beds, so we could comfortably move between seat and "bed" for the duration of the 11 hour flight. The crew were incredibly accommodating and attentive, walking us to the restrooms to change into our pajamas, talking us through the various menus and letting us alternate between the western and Japanese menu (I wanted the caviar AND sushi!). The food was astonishing and beautifully presented, and both champagne options exquisite. We'd been looking forward to the flight for a while, and it was everything we hoped for!

Date of travel: April 2018
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank jandre88
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.