“The little things”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Always flew Delta whenever we flew from Ph to US (via Narita), but tried JAL because they had a direct Narita-San Diego flight instead of Narita-LA-San Diego. Seating space was slightly more comfortable. Food was a little more palatable than what I'm used to, and they offered more choices on the tray. There were less English movie choices but it was interesting to watch the Japanes movies.

Overall, its the little things that made this flight more comfortable than my usual flights. I liked the array of pockets in front where I can store water, gadgets and magazines separately. Service was lovely. Flight attendants were always nice and respectful despite the long flight. Best of all, bathrooms were remained pristine even at the tail end of the flight, with toothbrushes and ammenities laid out of you inside. Will definitely book JAL next time I fly west coast

2  Thank Marisdenoir
Write a reviewReviews (9,081)

Reviewed June 6, 2018

From the time you approach the check-in area, a personal assistant greets you and takes you through the check-in process. Each question is greeted with a bow.
The boarding area was thickly packed with people. Attendants walked through the crowd with signs in three languages to inform us of which rows were boarding and when making the entire process stress free.
On the plane, the overhead bins can swallow lots of carry-ons. the seats were modern, comfortable, blankets, pillows, and noise-reducing headphones were all standard.
I flew on American Airlines and we were packed like sardines. Airbus is the right term as you need to bring everything you want on the plane. JAL provides it all.
Foodservice you get a choice of a Japanese meal or a western meal along with complimentary alcoholic beverages. This is definitely the way to fly.
The choice of movies was astounding as well as games, music and tv shows.
Go Japan Airlines.
The flight attendants bow each time you ask a question. They show up within 15 seconds of pushing the call button. ( The lady next to me used this service quite a bit).
They are in a league of their own.

Date of travel: June 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank RTC411
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Although a very long flight, I was pleased with the comfort of my seat. Flight attendants were well organized and service was excellent.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank SLOCoaster
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

We flew Jal 35 from haneda to Sg Changi on 20 may 18.

My wife lost her glass case on plane. We wrote to JAL cust service. They responded swiftly and advised us they have found the lost.

We collected the lost case in Sg JAL. Thumb up JAL !!!

Cheers,
Adam Nic
Singapore

2  Thank Adam Nic C
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

JAL gives us a not so nice in online reservation at first. We might have make an error even we have selected gender male but thought it should auto populated as Mr. but required to select respectively.

It took us $60 to make changes from Ms. to Mr. to reflect it correctly on my boarding pass. This has to go through via email and phone call to make this small change. We believed this needed to be improved in term of online application system should auto once we have choosed correct gender.

Nevertheless, JAL boarding check in counter was a hassle free with quick n tip top check in services. Plane services was great too.

Still will select JAL as an air carrier to Japan.

Cheers,
Adam Nic
Singapore

2  Thank Adam Nic C
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.