“Excellent Premium Economy Service JFK - Tokyo (HND)”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Excellent service and seating. Took premium economy from JFK to HND. The seats and the legroom were amazing. The menu and complimentary slippers were a nice touch as well. Also, being able to use the Air France lounge at JFK (which I feel like should be advertised more!) and the Sakura lounge at HND were added bonuses. All worth the extra money from regular economy on a 14hr flight.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
5  Thank DHC518
Write a ReviewReviews (5,448)

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

We flew Japan air for the first time for a business trip to Tokyo. The service was superb, the plane was new and very clean.

2  Thank ayhugel
Reviewed September 14, 2017

This flight left me feeling very impressed with Japan Airlines. Apart from the friendly, efficient service I received, JAL was honest and sensitive in a way that I have not seen on other airlines. Soon after I boarded the airplane an announcement was made that our meal would be served early because the pilots were expecting serious turbulence later in the flight. As it turned out I didn't eat anything when the meal was served because I didn't feel hungry. Much later, a flight attendant asked me again if I wanted a meal. By that time I was hungry and accepted the offer. The flight landed a little later than expected because the pilots had to take a detour to avoid a storm. This, however, was explained to us in a very gracious, professional manner. I was so impressed with JAL.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

I don't normally review airlines but yesterday we flew from Tokyo to Okinawa in a typhoon and honestly the service was impeccable! To say it was a typhoon all of the staff, from check in, the constantly smiling air stewardesses and the pilot were calm, happy and helpful. There was a bit of turbulence but I slept through almost the whole thing! Fantastic!

Also, on top of this they gave us this postcard as we left! Thank you to everyone on flight 909! We look forward to flying with you next week!

3  Thank Pippoptastic
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I travel about 5 time a year. I board at least 15 planes a year. I travelled from BKK to Japan via this airline.

The services is superb and flight attendants are courteous and polite.

The meals were 'okay' but the drinks and speed of service makes this airline a winner.

2  Thank MoeCPA