“Normal flight, nothing to remember”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had to fly on very short notice, and the ticket price in most airlines was at least double the normal fare when you buy with a couple of months in advance. Iberia was the only company with a decent price, so I took it fast. Then I was told that I had to pay $30 to choose a seat in advance, which I declined. In the early check in, open 24 hours before the flight departure, I could chose a seat for free, although the best seats were either already taken or needed payment. Aside that, it was a flat normal flight in economy class of nowadays. There is not much space for your legs, the food is awful, and when you get to your destination you just want a regular bed to sleep properly. I had a connection in Madrid, but the flights were on time, even a bit ahead of schedule on arrival, and the luggage arrived without glitches. In a nutshell, a normal flight that left nothing to remember.

Date of travel: August 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (18,104)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was selected for secondary security going back to the US. Was not notified of the steps necessary to board the plane (had never been told what the nature of the security check was - no experience with it, was not told where to go, no announcements made to notify me, so many missteps). Actually got all the way to sitting ON THE PLANE (multiple people looked at my ticket) and was FORCIBLY removed to complete the secondary check. And then the PLANE LEFT as we tried to get back on the plane. Then we wait for 4 HOURS after several people gave us the wrong information. DO NOT FLY THIS AIRLINE, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. WE WERE ABANDONED.

Date of travel: August 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank tonytuf
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had the worst experience flying with Iberia. I traveled with a 11 month old from Boston to Madrid and then from Madrid to Porto. My flight from Madrid to Porto could not land and ended up going back to Madrid. When leaving the plane in Madrid the crew REFUSED to give me my 2 piece stroller (stroller/carseat). I was shocked since these items are extremely necessary for my baby. They guaranteed me they would be forward to the next flight. Well, as I expected they didn't. Once I arrived to Porto I found out they got lost. I had no way to leave the airport for hours because I didn't have the baby's carseat to travel by car. This situation has been a nuisance throughout my vacation. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Iberia as they are not following up with this situation and all they say is that I have to wait. They don't reply to my emails and when I called them and asked to speak to a manager they refused. Their customer service is the worst. This company has been such a disappointment... I will NEVER fly with Iberia again. I just want my baby's carseat and stroller again. I am now back to the USA and my carseat haven't showed up and it seems that they are not taking any further actions to either find it or refund me. This is so upsetting.

1  Thank Inezita30
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew by Iberia and transited in Madrid and got limited time to get my boarding pass for next flight back to the destination. I’m just told to get the boarding pass at airline’s customer service counter, I looked for the counter everywhere and asked for Iberia staff, one of them replied me “ I am not Information”, one just told me “I cannot speak English”, the staff sat at their service counter even rolled her eyes when I asked her where I could get my next flight boarding pass?”!!!!! Finally, I found the counter for check in, the attitude of ground service staff is the worst, worst, worst in my past experience. I have never ever ever met this kind of most terrible service attitude!!!!! This airline deserves zero circle for rating! It is totally not a recommended airline!!!!!

3  Thank Linzoma
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Super punctual, super service but cabin wasn’t clean, that was the only negative point. 4 takeoffs and landings during a four-day business trip, 100% punctual or even early arrivals, haven’t had such an experience with other airline for a long time!