“Good flight, marred by limited food and water availability”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been on several transatlantic international flights. Airlines have included Turkish Air, KLM, Al Italia, and even Iberia in 2007. These flights all provided food and beverages, including wine or beer, pillows and blankets and more--without any extra fees. On Iberia today, you get nothing. Not without paying extra. So on our 7-8 hour flight, we couldn't get food or WATER, without paying. To add insult to injury, passengers who pre-ordered, would get food and beverages delivered promptly, while the rest of us waited and waited for basic sustenance. I was never even given the option to pre-order. The way the system is now, flight attendants have to act like as glorified waiters and waitresses--you have to flag them down if you want something to eat or drink Yes, it was a low cost flight--but I'd pay a little extra to get a little food and water on a long, international flight.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (16,232)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a terrible airline. Flight delayed until midnight, then until 2 next day, then cancelled the flight completely. Did not rebook us on another flight, had to stand in line for hours to get them to find us another flight. finally boarded another flight 24 hours later, only to sit on the tarmac for another 2.5 hour delay. Arrived in Madrid almost 27 hours behind schedule. No hotels payment offered, must mail in to maybe get reimbursed for uber, if they decide they want to reimbure us. no compensation at all for the extreme hassle, stress, and conflict. I would never book with this airline again. also booked through American airline and they did nothing to help either. Once on the plane they charge 10 for WIFI and it didn't even work. Just a total cluster F*.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everything was fine. No delays, baggage arrived to destination without any problem. (Back to Vienna also). Flight from Vienna to Madrid was operated with Airbus A320. It was completely full. Legroom is really bad.. flight from Madrid to LA was better - bigger legroom, 3 meals, unlimited drinks - you can go back to the flight attendants and they’ll give you anything what they have. It was for about 70% full, so you could catch two seats on side for you. Flight entertainment - movies, flight status, games. There are many bad reviews but for me there wasn’t anything wrong.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I flew return to Madrid economy class from London Heathrow. I booked well in advance and was able to pay extra (a total of £60) to reserve emergency exit seats for both of us for both legs of the journey at the time of booking. (I am 6 feet 4 inches tall). This made the flight bearable. Hold luggage cost an extra £21 each way and drinks and snacks on the flight were extra. Both flights departed around 9 am and arrived on time The crew were courteous but very bland in their behaviour

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had 2 flights with this airline- Tel Aviv to NYC via Madrid.
Leg space was o.k. and service was good.
We had something cold to drink only once in the longer flight, food was o.k.
The entertainment system had many problems.

Date of travel: February 2019