“Acceptable but not more”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 17, 2019

I had 2 flights with this airline- Tel Aviv to NYC via Madrid.
Leg space was o.k. and service was good.
We had something cold to drink only once in the longer flight, food was o.k.
The entertainment system had many problems.

Date of travel: February 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (16,308)

Reviewed May 17, 2019

This is the worst experience I have ever had on any airline! Our flight was delayed over 30 hours due to mechanical issues. We were lied to by Iberia throughout the ordeal. Iberia routed all first class and priority passengers and told everyone else we were one our own. I lost 3 days of my vacation as well as hundreds of dollars. When I filed a complaint to get my compensation I received a form letter from Iberia that basically said "Sorry, not our fault, we hope you'll fly Iberia again. This is a corrupt and dishonest business. Don't fly Iberia if you have other options.

Reviewed May 17, 2019

My wife and I had a 45min flight from Lisbon to Madrid cancelled last week. I understand that things can happen with air travel and the cancelled flight while upsetting was not what makes Iberian a terrible airline.

We were stuck in the airport for 9 hrs with Iberia providing almost no information what so ever. Finally we received an email saying they put us on a flight the next morning. I don't blame the tremendously unhelpful staff for their complete lack of caring. I blame the airline for knowing they had a damage plane that could not fly, but still hold 200 people at a gate for 9 hrs, with the constant promise of boarding any minute. Knowing full well they could've let us know much earlier and allowed us to book other flights or take a train or bus.

I will never fly this airline again and I will forever discourage anyone I know to fly Iberia. Even if a flight is more expensive on another airline, it is well worth the money.

Reviewed May 17, 2019

They delayed our flight two days while we were at the airport and they terrible at communicating it. We will miss out on seeing family who are near and dear to us. Find a different airline.

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

Both legs of the Iberia ORD-MAD were surprisingly bad. We paid extra for “premium economy” but the only perk for this class of service was sitting near the front of the plane. We were served terrible food and any liquor had to be paid extra. Since when is this standard for international flights? Crew was not friendly and actually slammed the lavatory door in my face. Felt like flying spirit airlines. Won’t ever make that mistake again. Oh, and we requested vegetarian meals. When asked about them, the crew just shrugs and says they don’t have any. Thanks But no thanks!