“Nothing is free”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You have to pay for everything! Want a glass of water? She says she will bring you one but never does. Say you’ll buy a very small bottle for about $5 and you get it. Food? Pre order and pay for. No nuts or anything. One gentleman did not have a credit card so he could not buy anything with cash. He was diabetic and it was a oroblem. I could buy for him and he could pay me. Bring a blanket. It’s cold and there is no possible blanket. It was not a comfortable very long flight. Luggage is $40 a bag to check.

2  Thank 798suzetteb
Write a ReviewReviews (16,007)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we had a problem when checking onto the flight when we discovered we had been switched from our booked 2 seat formation into a 3 seat ,from the middle to the back of the plane , when we complained ,we were told the we are now on a bigger plane that only had 3 seats in tourist ,no 2 ´s after complaining, we were placed lower down the craft into a 3 seater with no one seated beside us , the food on our initial flight into new york the food had been average meatballs ,but on the the homeward journey we were offered hamburger or pasta my wifechose the pasta which uneatable ,also we were not offered water or orange juice in between the 2 meals (breakfast was ok) we were both very dry mouthed throughout the flight

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Find a different airline, especially if you are flying at night, or are on a schedule of any kind.

April 9,2019: Iberia London -->Madrid-->Lisbon Missed connection in Madrid due to late start out of Heathrow by the airline. We were originally supposed to hop on a 7:35 PM from Madrid to Lisbon, but got put on a 10:30 PM flight that was also delayed to 11:05 PM on the departure screen at the Madrid airport.
We asked to fly the next morning as we had already been traveling a full 27 hours from Denver, and they said we would have to pay a full fare and lose the money we already paid for the flight that was super late, so we waited for a flight we know was delayed until 11:05 PM and boarded at 11:15 PM.
Once on the plane, we were late due an additional 90 minutes due to a computer chip needing to be replaced.
After 90 minutes, they disembarked us and we had to walk a long way to the new gate (J56-H18) which I estimate to be about a mile. It took an additional 90 minutes to get us on the plane that had one less row than the other plane (from row 32 to row 31 in new plane). People were displaced and standing while the airplane was taxiing! How unsafe!!
There was some kind of electrical issues with the blue lights on the passenger seats. They were blinking on and off for the duration of the flight.
While we were detained in Madrid and so much time had passed, our accommodation had closed leaving us with nowhere to stay and the Lisbon airport closes at 00 (midnight) so we were worried about getting to Lisbon and not finding a taxi or Uber and having nowhere to sleep so I asked a flight attendant (Elizabeth Suza) if she could help us understand what to do when we got to Lisbon. Her response: I have to board this plane, I don’t have time to talk to you”, I replied, “can you direct me who to talk with either here in Madrid or when we get to Lisbon? We are nervous and don’t know the language and we need to know that we can have somewhere to sleep when we get there. Who can we talk to?” She replied, “no one. There is no one to talk to”.
This raised my temperature a lot because we were being herded like cattle and treated like we were the ones inconveniencing Iberia and were too needy. I called Iberia customer support on my cell phone at around 00:06 (12:06 PM) and Laura told me that there is nothing they will do to help us and to talk to someone at the airport about it, which was impossible since we were the only people there at that hour and I had already asked an Iberia representative who told me she would do nothing.
On this new plane, our cellphones are both out of juice and we won't have a way to make any calls when we getting Lisbon - there are no power options on the plane. This is all so many events and along the way, we just needed assurance that when we got to Lisbon, we wouldn’t be stranded, but the face of Iberia customer support is just awful and void of any compassion- even when we clearly ask for help. It just seems like we are the pains in the ass and things would go better for everyone r if the employees didn’t ha r to deal with paying customers.

A 1hr 30 minute flight took us 25 minutes, the pilot was flying at a very high speed and the plane was creaking the whole time like the back of mom and dad’s 15 year old station wagon.

I found myself saying “I would rather be working” than this long and relentless 30 plus hours. This is our vacation and we had -1 days out of 9 to enjoy it, reduced now to 8 because of all the delays.

We had to pay for the 9th at our Accommodations and we didn’t even get there until the morning of the 10th.

We were charged a late arrival fee by the accommodation for having them wait until they couldn’t wait for us anymore- that was euro 30 plus the nightly stay we lost.

2  Thank DingoPaint
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The first sector was with Air Nostrum (for Iberia) to Madrid on a CRJ1000. Flight was full but left on time, weather wasn’t great, but the short flight was very comfortable. Crew were indifferent but efficient. Second leg was with Iberia Express to LGW. Again an on time departure, enjoyable flight and noticeably friendlier cabin crew. The business product is inferior to BA, but these are short flights, so no big deal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

"I am appalled and horrified at the way I was treated by your airline on my recent trip on the 19th of April 2019from Madrid to JFK. We were supposed to be passengers on flight IB 6251.

I am a frequent business class passenger, and have never been treated this way by any airline.

This was my first-time flying Iberia, and I am sorry to say, it will be my last.

My Fiancé and I were flying from Tel Aviv to Madrid to JFK in order to meet my family for the Passover holiday. While in Madrid, we arrived about 20 minutes into boarding. My fiancé, who is of Iranian descent, was chosen for “random” security. We were assured by the gate agent that the plane would wait for us. My fiance was in the security for about 15 minutes before being cleared. We went to the gate agent in order to board, and were then humiliated and berated by the agent. He would not let us board, even after we explained to him the situation He called my fiancé, a native Spanish speaker, a liar and had no sympathy even after we explained that we must make the flight for religious religions. We were met with both anti-Semitism and racism by your staff.

We were told we cannot board the flight, and that they were taking our bags off the flight. How
can your airline have time to locate our bags and remove them, but not let us on the flight?

Humiliated and dejected, we went to the ticketing agent, who made us pay 400Euros to get on
the next flight (IB 6253)! Out of desperation, we paid it, since we needed to make it in time for
the religious holiday.

I expect to be fully compensated for this extra expense I was made to pay and for the
humiliation we went through."

We sent this letter to your customer service, who not only refused to compensate us the 400Euros but then replied that we did not experience any "incorrect behavior". If being called a liar and being verbally harassed is not incorrect behavior, God help anyone who flies Iberia. Be prepared to be abused!

3  Thank diamondf467