“Gatwick via Madrid ”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The first sector was with Air Nostrum (for Iberia) to Madrid on a CRJ1000. Flight was full but left on time, weather wasn’t great, but the short flight was very comfortable. Crew were indifferent but efficient. Second leg was with Iberia Express to LGW. Again an on time departure, enjoyable flight and noticeably friendlier cabin crew. The business product is inferior to BA, but these are short flights, so no big deal.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (15,998)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

"I am appalled and horrified at the way I was treated by your airline on my recent trip on the 19th of April 2019from Madrid to JFK. We were supposed to be passengers on flight IB 6251.

I am a frequent business class passenger, and have never been treated this way by any airline.

This was my first-time flying Iberia, and I am sorry to say, it will be my last.

My Fiancé and I were flying from Tel Aviv to Madrid to JFK in order to meet my family for the Passover holiday. While in Madrid, we arrived about 20 minutes into boarding. My fiancé, who is of Iranian descent, was chosen for “random” security. We were assured by the gate agent that the plane would wait for us. My fiance was in the security for about 15 minutes before being cleared. We went to the gate agent in order to board, and were then humiliated and berated by the agent. He would not let us board, even after we explained to him the situation He called my fiancé, a native Spanish speaker, a liar and had no sympathy even after we explained that we must make the flight for religious religions. We were met with both anti-Semitism and racism by your staff.

We were told we cannot board the flight, and that they were taking our bags off the flight. How
can your airline have time to locate our bags and remove them, but not let us on the flight?

Humiliated and dejected, we went to the ticketing agent, who made us pay 400Euros to get on
the next flight (IB 6253)! Out of desperation, we paid it, since we needed to make it in time for
the religious holiday.

I expect to be fully compensated for this extra expense I was made to pay and for the
humiliation we went through."

We sent this letter to your customer service, who not only refused to compensate us the 400Euros but then replied that we did not experience any "incorrect behavior". If being called a liar and being verbally harassed is not incorrect behavior, God help anyone who flies Iberia. Be prepared to be abused!

3  Thank diamondf467
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good flight, Everything was swift and smooth. The flight was empty so we could relax and even sleep

Date of travel: March 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Positives - The flight was smooth. No safety hiccups. Service was okay.

Negatives - We waited for the check-in for almost 1 hour as the flight was overbooked. We luckily came to the airport 3.5 hours in advance and we could not choose our seats as we were told that the flight was overbooked and there were only last 2 seats left on the flight. We got seats in the last row next to the toilet so we could not use the recliner (which is very poor for a long-haul flight of 11 hours). We could not choose our seats via web check-in as they charge extra for that which is ridiculous.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The flights were alright, no delay and alright service. I did not receive my Baggage in TFN, because the person at the check-in counter in Munich messed up the booking for my baggage by sticking the wrong persons baggage tag on my bag. This meant my bag was left stranded in Madrid (where I had a layover). When arriving in TFN they told me 24h for my bags to arrive, which is normal and i was happy with that.
Then after two days and multiple calls to a machine, the suitcase did not arrive. We managed to find a different phone number and they told us they had been at the given address twice and tried to call us, which is a lie, as we had given them two different numbers to call and none of our numbers where called.
We then had to pick up the bag at the airport. I asked if I could get some recompensation for the time I had to wait and they told me to fill out some form on their website. I tried to do that of course, however I have never seen a more scummy website in my entire life. If you are trying to navigate your way to this elusive baggage delay claim form you only find parts of their website no longer in use and ways to compliment their service.
All in all the most terrible customer support I have ever witnessed. Unfriendly on the phone, terrible website and generally it seems they don't care about the customers' happiness. This is the first review I have ever written and sadly its such a bad one, but I just felt I had to share this experience as it truly was the worst airline support I have ever dealt with.