“We thought we were flying BA”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had booked with BA and had been given a BA flight number. When we tried to check in the automatic machine could not recognise the booking and getting help from the BA counter staff who eventually worked out we needed to check in with Iberia. The flight was fine.

Date of travel: February 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (15,594)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

GREAT Arline to fly directly from San Juan Puerto Rico to Madrid or Barcelona but they have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE you will find in any Airline/Company. We (a Group of 4) LOST the Airplane or Flight because of another Airline that gave us a connection BUT part of this awful situation was also because of Iberia Customer Service in the Madrid Airport. They never apologized or funded any of ALL THE MONEY WE HAD TO SPENT to fly back home.

Date of travel: May 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good treatment to passengers.The flight waited for us because of the connection delay.Timerecovered in flight.Very puntuality.

Date of travel: March 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My last flight with Iberia was back in December 2017. My wife and I were going to Mexico from Manchester. The only two staffs at the checking struggled to check-in everyone and there was still a long queue when it was time to board. The fact that one of the two staffs had to leave to go and do the boarding didn't help the matter. At the end about 30-40 passengers were denied boarding as the flight had to leave. This was already quite poor from Iberia, but that's how they handled this situation after that made me swear to myself I will never fly with them again.
They left us 6 hours in the terminal without any information and the staff were actually quite rude with an attitude of "well that's how it is". A bit before midnight, they told us they will transport us to an hotel and re-book us on other flights. The hotel was 1hr away. I actually live much closer but they told us if we go home they won't contact us with the new flight details. We arrived at the hotel around 1am, and they woke us up at 5am telling us we had to go back to the airport to take our flights. I can even imagine how hard it must have been for the ones with young childrens.
Once at the airport they gave everyone their new flight details and ours were only the day after !
We were treated like cattle, lost two days of holidays and on top of that they refused to pay us any compensation. Claiming compensation through third party company didn’t help either as the original flight (for those who managed to get on it) did arrive on time.
Note to Iberia customer service. We still go to Mexico every year. Plus I travel a lot for business with a team of 6 other colleagues, and it will NEVER be with Iberia.

Date of travel: April 2018
1  Thank LouPapy
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I checked in online. Drop off bag queue has a 20 min longer wait then normal check in. What on earth is the point? And they won't let me change queues. Horrendous service. Hope the rest of the trip is better then this....

Date of travel: March 2019