“Inedible food”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My vegetarian food was unbelievably bad. Rice, 2 asparagus spears and grilled? green peppers. A plain salad of lettuce tomatoes and cucumber and chopped fruit???? Really bad. The staff were unfriendly. The announcements inaudible. You have to pay 30 Euro to book a window seat????

1  Thank 247LiveLife
Write a ReviewReviews (11,058)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

- Have to pay a hidden fee to pick your seats
- Seats are crappy with no legroom, $300+ extra for a "plus" upgrade that doesn't seem to change
- Small baggage allowance
- On our flight home we had a connecting flight (both were Iberia flights), and it was an hour and a half late. After booking, the layover time was decreased (I wouldn't have booked it with such a short layover for this reason) and we almost missed our connecting flight. No one came to help us or give us info, we literally had to run across to another terminal hoping we would somehow make it. When we reached the other terminal, even though they were in fact holding the flight, no one understood this and we were given an attitude and almost not let through to board the flight.
- Stewardess was also rude and put words into my mouth when I simply asked to make sure she was giving me the form for US Citizens.
- The meals were awful even by airplane food standards. We asked for a vegetarian meal, and they gave us a vegan meal that was plain rice and microwaved frozen vegetables without even a sauce. But the regular meals didn't look much better.

We would definitely not fly Iberia again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The beer and wine were complimentary (though only of average quality, but what do you expect for free?) The in-flight entertainment is very good and the service was excellent. Print out your boarding pass 24 hours before flight time and you can skip several lines.

Considering Spain markets Iberia as a budget airline to Europe, the trip is good value for the money. Bring a seat cushion, though, because the seats were designed by the Spanish Inquisition! The plane, on the other hand, was clean. The flight crew spoke both English and Spanish and were easy to communicate with (and very friendly.)

1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rome to Madrid (change planes) to Boston. Don't know what kind of airbuses these were but both were new (or the next thing to it) and extremely quiet. The Madrid to Boston flight was especially comfortable. Love the 2-4-2 seating that gives me my window seat and my wife her aisle seat (and everybody's happy without having to climb over strangers). New, thin-line seats were very comfortable and reclined somewhat without putting you in the lap of the person behind. Many, many choices for movies (like about 30), TV shows, music and even games, all for free on the seat-rest-in-front-of-you screen.

Food was tasty with both a decent lunch and a nice late afternoon snack, with water and other beverages in between. Friendly crew. Just about a perfect flight.

I ordered Boston to Rome round-trip on British Air and ended up with Aer Lingus Bos to Rom and Iberia coming home. Aer Lingus was fine, but Iberia was exceptional. Didn't miss B.A. one bit.

1  Thank Niwotois
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just experienced one of my most uncomfortable flights ever (and I've been flying for decades). This is a long flight, approximately 10 hours so I was prepared and have flown it several times. What made this uncomfortable was the "surly" nature of the flight attendants, the uneven temperature in our cabin (it was hot while the rear of the aircraft was comfortably cool), the fact my video screen was inoperable and I had a dirty sticky tray table. The other attendants had been rather "direct" to other passengers who were asking for water during the four/five hours after the first meal service and before the next one and they were told to go to the back of the plane to get it.When I stretched my legs by going to the back of the plane to use the toilet and ask for some water I lingered a few moments to get a refill. This apparently disturbed the attendant who said we couldn't stay there as there were no oxygen masks in case of an emergency. Finally they did come through and offer water and juice. The seat was uncomfortable as well as they seem to jam in a lot of passengers. On the positive there was a single father traveling with an infant close by and they were very helpful to him and his child. I got the impression and so did other passengers that witnessed the poor attitude of the crew that they were upset at something and didn't want to be there. I will NEVER travel Iberia again unless I have no other choice.