“Sweet airline!”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed June 15, 2019 via mobile

Ours was a short flight from Honolulu to Lihue on Kauai but it was smooth and the service was excellent. The 717 plane could handle roll-aboard bags in the overhead space. The flight attendants were nice and friendly. The check in process was smooth. The only weird thing was the charges for check bags which for one person was $15 and for the other $25. Same size bags and same class of service. We let it go but wondered why the difference.

Date of travel: June 2019
    • Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (6,593)

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

Honolulu team were very attentive and prompt. We didn't spend any time at the counter check in as well as waiting in the line. The flight was under an hour, so seating on first class etc. was not really necessary. But I'm still grateful for the experience and it's services that offered.

Date of travel: June 2019
Reviewed June 14, 2019

Overall flight was fine, even though my seat back tv didn't work (my husband slept most of the way so I used his). The flight attendant offered another seat and he bought my cocktail so it all worked out. The charge for movies is too high - I spent $8 on just one movie. I forgot to download a movie before I got on the plane on the way back, but was able to watch a few of the shows on their own Hawaiian Air programming which was a few fairly entertaining independent Hawaiian films and special series that taught you about various topics and places on the islands. They had a decent meal and you get a welcome mai tai type of drink when you are almost to the island. Crew was friendly and flight was smooth!

Date of travel: May 2019
Reviewed June 14, 2019

Hawaiian Airlines has poor customer service and is only after your money. I won't be using them again in the future. They wouldn't credit my the Hawaiianmiles that I earned on my flight. They charge a lot of fees and their prices are higher than normal. They raised their flight prices when gasoline was high but they never lowered their flight prices when gasoline got cheaper. They are only after your money. I hope more flight options become available on Southwest airlines. I won't be flying with Hawaiian Airlines in the future. I hope their monopoly is coming to the end.

Date of travel: May 2019
1  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed June 14, 2019

It seemed like we barely climbed in altitude and it was preparing for landing. Twenty minutes total in the air.

Date of travel: March 2019