“Hawaii”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Airline was efficient and crew were efficient and polite. There is no mucking around from them! From NZ, we were allowed 2x suitcases up to 32kgs each! Very generous allowance! Food service was basic but ok in comparison to other airlines. Entertainment was ok but not a huge selection. But only an 8.5hr flight. We were kept informed throughout the flight of things happening which was good. We would fly this again.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,138)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I tried to check in the night before, I noticed I did not have a seat assignment. I called Hawaiian, and they said they could give me a seat assignment over the phone, but I had to upgrade and pay $80. My other option was to try to chance a seat at the gate, and who knows where they would have seated me.

To add insult to injury, we were told the flight would be delayed 15 min. The 15 min turned into almost an hour w/o an explanation.

Lastly, Hawaiian touts itself as the only airline that offers a meal: Not on this flight! The pilot arbitrarily decided to cancel meal service in coach. I didn't buy my normal Zip Pak, so luckily I had a Cup O Noodle. The only food available for purchase was overpriced snack food.

The pilot tried to make it up by offering a free movie and a serving of Koloa rum punch. I told the flight attendant I wasn't falling for this inadequate offer.

Hawaiian customer service took one month to respond and offered me $100 off my next flight at full fare. What a joke!!!!! You stick me for $80, don't feed me and you expect me to accept your offer?!?!?!?!?!

I'll never fly this joke of an airline again!!!!!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter had her make a wish trip to Hawaii. The day we were to leave, we found out the flight had been delayed for the entire day. The online site did not update on the delay but our limo driver called me to let me know that his company had been shuttling the crew to airports because the flight was delayed. I was quite upset. Had he not called, we would have been stranded all day at the airport. We ended up switching airlines but still lost an entire day in Hawaii. On the return flight we experienced another big delay. Make a Wish provides letters to the flight crew so they can make the wish kid feel special and allow them to check out the cockpit. The crew did not even acknowledge my daughter. She did not get to meet the pilot. Nothing. I will say that on our short flight from Maui to Oahu, the pilot and staff were amazing. That was a great 35 minutes, but that doesnt make up for everything else. When a Make a Wish kid chooses to fly with your airline, it should be special. American airlines is who we ended up flying to Hawaii with made my daughter feel so special. They gave her ice cream and other goodies, plus she took pictures in the cockpit. That's how it should be. I will not fly Hawaiian airlines again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great value and service, however the seats at the very back of the plane are not comfortable as they don’t recline far.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hawaiian Airlines flight from HNL to OGG was great. They board you and get going very fast. Flight attendants were very friendly as well as the gate agents. Aircraft was clean. The flight departed on time and arrived on time.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)