“HKG-DPS-ICN”
Review of Garuda Indonesia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Took Garuda from Hong Kong to Bali in Business Class, because of the "short" duration, only merited a bigger seat up front and a meal. Besides the two of us, there was no one else in Business on this flight.
From Denpasar to Seoul we travelled First Class, which got us a pod with fully reclining seat and two meals. This flight was fully booked.
Meals and staff on both flights were exceptionally polite and provided excellent service in many languages.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (7,514)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Airline has the worst moral.
I was 23 weeks pregnant and required some attention for flying.
As company policy they require customers to provide documents explaining conditions.

I had expressed my concern with blood circulation and had requested aisle seat.
Ground staff showed no support. They put me in the middle seat, and no one came to check on my condition throughout the whole flight even though my ticket clearly stated special attention.

The flight was not a full flight, there were multiple seats open with extra leg room.
When I asked the flight crew, they told me that I had to pay extra.

Those empty seats had no value throughout the whole flight, when it could of helped me. Garuda prioritizes profit over morality. Never flying with them again ever

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Clean and cosy flight. Delicious meal. Friendly stewards and stewardesses. You can depend on the pilot who carry the big plane well.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a choice to go with Singapore Airlines and I just thought why not try Garuda, they seem to be evaluated extremely well. Big mistake.
-Service of flight attendants is quiet poor. They seem to be kind and try a lot but the service takes forever, they block all entrances to the restrooms on the plane. Two hours flight I was not able to get to the restroom due to extremely slow service.
-Their connection with other airlines is very poor, though they offer connecting packages.
-Online check-in was not working. We were left with very random seats.
-They did not get the information that one person from our traveling group was vegetarian. Instead of apologizing and mixing a plate of simple fruits, bread, butter, salad, they just said - got nothing for you. That never happened with any other airlines, everyone offers at least something.
-Entertainment system was not working, at least on my seat. And I couldn not recline my chair, too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I were flying from Denpasar to Labuan Bajo as part of our honeymoon and checked two bags. When we arrived, all the passengers were waiting for the bags from our flight at the conveyor belt when it stopped after about 10 mins and some guy told us it was done and to follow him. We filled out a missing luggage report and were told the luggage would be delivered by 6pm. It was not. I called Garuda who could not locate my luggage despite me providing them with the tracking tags we were given. The claim the woman at the airport gave us also did not have the numbers filled in it was supposed to, so they could not use that to track our bags.

We are supposed to be on a boat tomorrow at 7:40am and now have no luggage thanks to Garuda. What’s most startling is how many people from our plane did not have luggage. They either lost half a plane’s luggage or deliberately knew they would be sending it on another later flight for whatever reason, and neither of those is good.

What is the point of issuing a tracking number if you cannot use it to track the bags?