“Good flight”
Review of Garuda Indonesia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Clean and cosy flight. Delicious meal. Friendly stewards and stewardesses. You can depend on the pilot who carry the big plane well.

Date of travel: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (7,516)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a choice to go with Singapore Airlines and I just thought why not try Garuda, they seem to be evaluated extremely well. Big mistake.
-Service of flight attendants is quiet poor. They seem to be kind and try a lot but the service takes forever, they block all entrances to the restrooms on the plane. Two hours flight I was not able to get to the restroom due to extremely slow service.
-Their connection with other airlines is very poor, though they offer connecting packages.
-Online check-in was not working. We were left with very random seats.
-They did not get the information that one person from our traveling group was vegetarian. Instead of apologizing and mixing a plate of simple fruits, bread, butter, salad, they just said - got nothing for you. That never happened with any other airlines, everyone offers at least something.
-Entertainment system was not working, at least on my seat. And I couldn not recline my chair, too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I were flying from Denpasar to Labuan Bajo as part of our honeymoon and checked two bags. When we arrived, all the passengers were waiting for the bags from our flight at the conveyor belt when it stopped after about 10 mins and some guy told us it was done and to follow him. We filled out a missing luggage report and were told the luggage would be delivered by 6pm. It was not. I called Garuda who could not locate my luggage despite me providing them with the tracking tags we were given. The claim the woman at the airport gave us also did not have the numbers filled in it was supposed to, so they could not use that to track our bags.

We are supposed to be on a boat tomorrow at 7:40am and now have no luggage thanks to Garuda. What’s most startling is how many people from our plane did not have luggage. They either lost half a plane’s luggage or deliberately knew they would be sending it on another later flight for whatever reason, and neither of those is good.

What is the point of issuing a tracking number if you cannot use it to track the bags?

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have flown with Garuda many times and usually they have been great. This time was utter disappointment. I am not a big drinker but I like a couple of drinks on a flight to help calm my nerves. They are supposedly a full service airline. I was advised that they only have Bintang on flights now, no spirits or wine. This happened to and from Bali, however, a friend of mine on a flight a week later was served wine. Also the in chair entertainment system was stuffed in two out of our 4 seats. The audio wouldn't work on one properly (only sound effect noises) and mine was crackly. I had to hold the adaptor for the headphones into the socket for it to work a bit. I gave up about 20 minutes in. They were my own headphones and I tried the airline ones as well. Still no good. On the way back the meals were served and by the time they got to us there was fish or fish. The hostess actually gave my husband her meal as he couldn't eat fish. She was lovely and I appreciate that but the rest of us were stuck with fish.
Overall I was very disappointed and when I contacted them to share my grievances I was told "sorry" but basically suck it up. We already have flights booked for December but if I hadn't already paid I would have gone with another airline and probably saved a lot of money.

Date of travel: July 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank thedebstar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were routed through Singapore to Jakarta and were put on GA. The planes were a bit older but clean and the staff was friendly and efficient. They had some nice amenities like free movies in each seat. They ran on-time and we would definitely fly them again