Tripadvisor
Worldwide
Post
Inbox
Search

“Failing to live up to One World Alliance’s elites equality”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are Sapphire members of American Airline and during our trip back home from Helsinki to JFK, we enquired if we could move our seats 3 rows ahead but the answer was shocking. We were told that those are paid seats and it does not matter if one is Elite member. Interestingly we were dismayed when we boarded and found half of those seats were Empty. I don’t think we will be traveling on this terrible airline.

Date of travel: January 2020
3  Thank SSDNY
Write a reviewReviews (7,338)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight is very nice and comfortable. Food is very good, and seat is comfortable. The crews is polite and professional. It may not be the best, but definitely a good airline.

Date of travel: July 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The plane was modern, service was fine, enough legroom. It's nice to have wifi, but having a free one would be a nice improvement to match the competitor from Norway. Customer service had some queue in my native language, but opting to English speaking service avoided the queue. Customer service was able to accommodate my bulky luggage request, even I was doing that just 24 h hours before the flight.

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Finnair flights are generally nice and uneventful as was this flight too.

The plane for this route is a small one (Embraer 190), but still has adequate leg room. The upper bag storage seem tight, but I have always got my bag there without an issue.

The staff was friendly and accommodating, snacks are fine for a short flight. What I also like that they don't charge for small things like printing boarding passes. So it is more relaxed experience compared to the budget airlines, which try to charge extra in every occasion.

Date of travel: May 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I checked in online before arriving Helsinki airport. When I went to counter to drop my checked-in suitcase at the counter, I was stopped by Finnair staff who put me to the machine to print out tapes for the suitcase. Meanwhile, there were only 2-3 passengers waiting in front of the counter..... Don't know why Finnair degraded like this.......To be honest, I don't have knowledge to ensure those tapes on my suitcase if I do it by myself....

The service was average in flight. Food was average but there was extremely limited selections in kitchen during the over-night flight.....only some tea, juice and water were available and nothing else.......

Date of travel: December 2019