“Shame about the aircraft change”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were meant to be flying on the A350, with the 1-2-1 configuration, but there was a last minute aircraft change to the A330. So my 3A seat which was meant to be on its own on the A350 now had a neighbour. First world problems I know, but this aircraft is no where near the standard of the A350 and the seat was very old and worn.

Finnair typically has some great value Business Class fares from Australia to Europe, and that combined with their schedule to Beijing suiting what I needed, they were a good choice. Their food is basic, but the crew usually good.

I would have no problems flying them again, but this aircraft type is to be avoided where possible.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (6,087)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We traveled business class from Manchester to Beijing via Helsinki. The business class lounges at Manchester and Helsinki were adequate but not up the standard of the BA lounge at Heathrow. The flights were comfortable and of a standard one would expect from travelling business class. We traveled back to Manchester from Xian and were surprised that we had to go through security at Helsinki, which took about 45 mins. Things got worse when we boarded the plane to Manchester as the business class area was curtained off from economy and the seats were the exactly the same other than the extra leg room seats in economy gave more leg room and there was no infight entertainment. Other than that the service and food etc. were what you would expect from business class.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall a very positive experience for flying Finnair first time. Finnair was very timely, flight attendants very kind, and plane was clean. I would fly Finnair again!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I booked a roundtrip ticket on Finnair from Kemi to Helsinki. As I was about to leave for my return, I discovered that the 5.35a flight out of Kemi was cancelled permanently and that I was booked on a 12.45p flight out of Kemi. That didn't work for my schedule arriving in Helsinki at 3p vs 7a.

When I called to sort that out the woman I spoke with was beyond rude. She said the only option to get me into Helsinki sooner was to travel to another airport 115km/71mi away with no assistance or compensation from the airline. I was floored. Really? So when I asked to speak with her manager, she nastly said, its not going to change the rules. That's the only option. If I wanted to fly out of Oulu, I would have booked a ticket out of Oulu. She talked over me, tried to argue with me. I told her she was being inappropriate for a customer service rep. I told her I would complain. She said its in the terms and agreement for the flight. Finnair can cancel a flight and send you to another airport and not help you get there. They justify it by saying, well we gave you more than two weeks notice so it should not be a problem. I disagree. I didn't book a flight out of a town 115km away. Two weeks or two months it's still a 175.00€ taxi ride from Kemi to Oulu that I would have to eat. But from Finnair's point of view, too bad for me. No compassion, no sincerity.
So beware if you book with them.

1  Thank cherylcG966VW
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Traveling the day before Easter meant a packed airplane, every seat taken. However, there was ample room for our carry-ons. Since we were in the first of three groups to board, perhaps the last people had more difficulty. It was apparent that this was the beginning of a long trip to the Orient considering that at least half of the people were Oriental. Despite the crowded plane, the crew served us efficiently. Finnair charges for snacks and drinks on intra-continental flights unlike its trans-Atlantic flights. We each checked one bag and had a carry-on and there were no surcharges.

Date of travel: April 2019