“Just expect a simple flight”
Review of Eurowings

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

It’s just a simple flight. Needed a cheap flight because the family were tired. You don’t get any perks. The staff is simply nice nothing more. We didn’t even get drinks or extra smiles even for the kids because they were sleeping. We were at the airport 4hours before and had to wait till about an hour before the time to check in and board. Most of the check in staff didn’t know exactly what to do and it was just a very few of them. On the plane no English announcement and just the minimum. But all we needed was to get to the other side. So it was fine. Don’t expect much.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (7,456)

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Greetings,

I would like to share my experience with Euro wings flight number 897 from Pisa Airport (PSA) to Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) on Wednesday the 17th of April 2019.

To start with the flight left Pisa with a 30' minutes delays because the boarding was late since the plane had not arrived yet.

During the flight as some point the pilot made an announcement that we were flying above Zurich Switzerland but of course the announcement was made only in German. I said that's OK its not something I should worry about.

Then after flying over the city of Cologne and approaching the airport, after pilot announcing the usual cabin crew prepare for landing and opening the hatch for the wheels to come out and while we were about 10 minutes above the ground, the pilot aborted the flight and instead of landing we starting taking off again.

Everybody on the plane started worring and then an announcement was made in both German and English that there is a problem and we will be given more information in a few minutes. Indeed a few minutes later the pilot made another announcement but of course only in German. Before this moment nobody knew what exactly has happened, maybe the wind was strong and we couldn't land, maybe there was a problem with the aircraft possibly a tenchical issue or a just a wrong approach when landing. The announcement was made only in German and the ones who couldn't speak German received no communication in English. Then I loudly asked what's happening and if we could have more information in English or Italian at least since the flight was from Italy, again I received no official information from neither the crew or the pilot and fortunately some passengers could speak English or Italian and explained me that the reason for the delay was that there wasn't enough space for the plane to land.

The issue that I have with how the crew handled the situation is:
A) No announcement was made in english updating us of the situation
B) the pilot only found out that there was no space to land the aircraft 10 meters above the landing field the airstrip.
C) there was an overall delay with the flight of 90minutes

I'm very disappointed with the service and the customer care of the company, especially with the way they handled the situation when no announcement was made in English and we were left in the dark.

I would strongly discouraged any potential passenger of eurowings to travel with this company and prefer other airlines and I will personally refrain from using this airline again in the future.
30 euros or just a couple of hours of train or a connection worth more than your life for sure.

Reviewed April 17, 2019

Missed a flight because they did not announce that boarding has started. Was not facing the boarding gate so did not notice. Never have I ever seen a flight leave without having a boarding call. The service at the airport was not the best either. They made us book a very expensive Lufthansa flight instead.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

Flight from Cologne to Venice was delayed, Boarding to flight was not a good experience with long queues and no discipline. Good thing was fares (cheap compared to others) and legroom, legroom was excellent even though i didn't pay anything extra

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed April 15, 2019

I have been wary of flying Eurowings (who renamed themselves after the Germanwings disaster a few years ago) but I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and punctuality of my flight. The service on the ground and in the air was great, am relieved as I may have to use on a fairly regular basis for work.

• Food and Beverage