“Delayed flight with good legroom”
Review of Eurowings

Reviewed April 16, 2019

Flight from Cologne to Venice was delayed, Boarding to flight was not a good experience with long queues and no discipline. Good thing was fares (cheap compared to others) and legroom, legroom was excellent even though i didn't pay anything extra

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (7,458)

Reviewed April 15, 2019

I have been wary of flying Eurowings (who renamed themselves after the Germanwings disaster a few years ago) but I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and punctuality of my flight. The service on the ground and in the air was great, am relieved as I may have to use on a fairly regular basis for work.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank MartinAngloKiwi
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

My flight was ZRH to DUS, DUS to JFK. Initially supposed to be a less than four hour layover in Düsseldorf. Airline inexplicably delayed departure from DUS by another three hours weeks after I purchased this ticket. Check in at ZRH was slower than it ever should be. Spent 40 minutes in a check in line that would normally take no more than 10 minutes with any other company. (Didn’t think some people would make their flight.) Then flew to DUS. Spent 8 hours in DUS... 10a — 6p. No vouchers or anything for food. American passport holders had to get their passports checked twice. German passport holders did not. Flight to JFK was delayed due to a missing flight attendant for 30 minutes. Once in the air, in-flight entertainment was only accessible via wired earbuds that you either had with you or you had to pay $5 for. Pillows and blankets were another charge. If you wanted any food AT ALL, including snacks, it cost money. No soda or drinks of any kind were complimentary, except, as the stewardess gloated, water, which was “free for the whole trip.” I mean really? This was almost a laugher if I didn’t have to sit through eight hours of it. That’s right, an eight hour flight that on any other airline would have provided all that and more complimentary. Just five days before I was flying TAP Air Portugal from JFK to ZRH and the moment I walked on the plane there were earbuds, blankets and pillows provided free of charge on the seats already. Moments after reaching cruising altitude, full fledged meals were provided at every seat; drinks of all kinds from soda to wine provided free of charge; snacks; etc.; all complimentary or at least included in your ticket purchase and not requiring separate purchases like with Eurowings. Will never fly Eurowings again. Rather pay more for another airline company than to be held captive all day just to get free water and from point a to b. Getting a to be is no longer an unique service. Oh, the flight attendants and captains loved using the PA as their own personal cell phone, I don’t think I have heard people talk so much on the PA and so often. In addition, they’re constantly trying to sell and get you to spend more and more money going up and down the aisles with carts, so it was impossible to sleep during the eight hour flight as well. Complete garbage.

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Never heard of this airline before our visit. Booked myself and my daughter into the VIP lounge before our flight so we could start our holiday early. Unfortunately it seems this airline doesn't open its check in desk 3 hours before the flight, so we missed out on the 3 hours VIP in trying to find a member of staff to ask what time the desk opened we were unlucky. Could not find one member of staff from Eurowings? Decided to messenger the company over FB to be told the desks dont open until 2 hours before the flight time. Everyother airline in this terminal opened 3 hours before flight, so for me I was very disappointed. Anyway the flight did take off on time, but my daughters seat seemed to be faulty so we made a cushion out of clothes for her. The transfer flight was also on time and we got to Salzburg safely. On the return flight we checked in online and booked our seats. On arrival at the check in desk we were told that the airline had reassigned our seats and we would not be seating together which really angered me as my daughter was nervous flying. Luckily the passenger that was sat next to me offered to change seats. I'd like to thank that man again! Unfortunately when I messaged Eurowings they told me there was nothing they could do? The flight was comfortable and the transfer was in time. On the whole the actual flight on eurowings went well, but the airport staff for eurowings need to organise themselves better, open their gates 3 hours before flights like most other airlines do and when customers book seat dont reassign them, some people are nervous flyers and need to be with their loved ones for reassurance!

7  Thank fattypatty31
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Flights are always in time, confortable seats and kind staff! Recommended also for multiple flights!

32  Thank bocaleoz