“Very good Business Class experience”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Etihad is getting a lot of negative reviews at the moment, however, I could not fault my flight from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok yesterday.
Check-in was super quick. The airport was very, very quiet with only one Business Class and one First Class counter open. Bag drop to boarding pass: 5 minutes.
Despite the airport operating only ONE security check station at the time, the process was quick. - Even with Economy Class passengers also using the same line.

Boarding was delayed and the usual mess in AUH airport, with "premium cabin" passengers having to fight their way to the front to a poorly sign-posted "Priority Lane". It took an unnecessarily long time because gate staff checked and double checked many passenger's documents. No attempt was made to prioritise FC/JC passengers.
This was the only negative point for the night.
Onboard, the cabin crew was attentive, polite and friendly.
Headses, amenity kits, duvets and menus were set at every seat.
Welcome beverages were offered and served quickly. The crew had time to take further drinks and dinner orders on the ground and "warned" passengers about a delay in service due to expected bad weather over Oman, shortly after take-off.
They took the initiative to distribute water bottles before departure, in case they had to delay the service and passengers would get thirsty.
When dinner started, it was served quickly and professionally.
Very good Arabic Mezze (the tabouleh could have used some more dressing) and decent steak with a lovely sauce. The orange pudding for dessert was delicious and not too sweet.
After dinner service was fine, with a crew member monitoring the cabin very frequently. Most guests were asleep, but thise who were awake were well looked after.
The crew let the passengers sleep until the last possible moment. None of this nonsense of waking the entire cabin, because one guest wants something to eat before landing.
Good, clear and minimal announcements from the pilots. This is appreciated on a night flight.
Overall, a pleasant flight with nothing to complain about in-flight service wise.

• Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your flight with us. Our crew enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your flight. We appreciate your feedback and we will share this with our concerned department. See you on board again :) *Zoe

Write a ReviewReviews (13,735)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Traveling through this airline many tmes i must say that convenience of passengers is their top priority. Onboard crews never fail to provide your needs. Can’t wait to fly with you again. Thanks!

Date of travel: October 2018
    • In-flight Entertainment

You made our day with your lovely comment :) Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you on board again. *Zoe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Etihad is my favourite airlines ever! And I travel a lot. The legroom in economy is exceptional. The staff is super nice! They even allow you to check in your bags if its just one or two kgs/lbs above the weight limit. But I do wish they had more option for their entertainment. Other than that, travelling with them is smooth and enjoyable!

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Check-in and boarding

Thank you for your review and for choosing us as your carrier. We are happy that you enjoyed your flight and we will definitely share your feedback about the Entertainment with our concerned team for further review. *Zoe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I used this airlines from Colombo to Abudhabi. It was on time. Friendly and very kind service. They were ready to help when ever needed. Food was excellent. I was on a night flight. And I was actually able to have a decent nap. Definitely a recommendable flight.

• Value for money

Thank you for giving us a good rating and for recommending us to other travelers. We look forward to flying with you again :) *Zoe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

before flying with this Airline I had high expectation but I was totally wrong this was one of my worst experience forget about Luxury this airline is more like Ryan air I never had such a bad experience from full service carrier specially from the airline that calls passengers guest. I was flying from CDG-AUH with Airbus 380 which was good and comfortable but the crew they were full of attitude and not professional the worst part of the flight was onboard service Etihad new economy class dining service its just horrible even though they say we improved our new service but that's a lie and not true meals are much smaller now also there is no desert and no appetizer and before landing snack is a joke the true reason for their minimum service is to enforce passengers to buy snacks from their menu but Excuse me If you are 5 star airline which you are not and if you full carrier service you should provide enough meals, drink and snacks to your passengers next time I will go with other airline because all others including Emirates and Qatar they offer much better service since when full service carriers they charge you for everything if this is your improvement we don't want you to improve even one of Cabin crew members she told me we lost so much money that's why we cut so many things which I understand but treating passengers with $ sign that's not right never again with Etihad and I hope you pass this to your costumer service department and please bring back your old style which was drink and snack before meal and main meal with desert and appetizer and before landing snack or even mid flight snack this service is just horrible and never again with Low cost Etihad.

4  Thank LuxuryExpert2017
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

We have recently changed our service based on feedback given from previous flights. Our main meals have been increased by 25% and our dessert is served afterwards with our tea and coffee service. Whilst our main service remains complimentary, with the option to request beverages throughout the flight, we have also added a "Buy on Board" service that allows guests to purchase additional extras in flight.

If you would like to add anything more to your feedback, please share this via our website.

Thank you. *Rose