“Cutbacks noticed”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed May 19, 2019

We decided not to book extra legroom going out as there appeared to be plenty of seats available, and this, luckily, proved to be the case. We ended up having 4 seats between the 2 of us, as did most of the other passengers.
We had to wait ages for a drink, then our food was served immediately after. The food itself wasn’t too bad. However, on a 7 hour flight, this was the only food that was offered. There was a menu you could purchase food from, but at inflated prices.
The staff were mostly polite, but one hostess seemed inconvenienced by us, which was a shame.
It appears that the airline is making cutbacks, which is not doing it any favours.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mervin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent flight with us. We shall share your feedback to help improve our service for the future.

Thank you. *Rose

Write a ReviewReviews (13,787)

Reviewed May 19, 2019

I had an awful flight as the result of an unruly, loud and foul mouthed passenger who was sat immediately in front of me and created a significant and unpleasant disturbance over an extended period. After complaining to the cabin crew they did speak to the passenger, several times, but without any success. Eventually I was moved to the back of the cabin! It was not worth creating a major scene on the aircraft so I chose to write (as a Silver Card holder) to customer relations after the flight. They acknowledged that the crew had also reported a problem on the flight but they were otherwise quite dismissive. I am shocked by the blasé manner in which they appear to have accepted this situation. I would not have been surprised if a top tier airline had had police waiting at the gate on arrival. Customer service - hah! Rubbish!

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding

Dear Paul,

Please send us a your RQID number via private message or to our Social Media channels so that we can investigate further.

Thank you. *Rose

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

May 2019 flights from London to Abu Dhabi on etihad. Plane type Airbus A380. I paid extra for more space which gives you more legroom but no difference in seat, food etc. The staff were all polite and professional. The food quality was good however I do get the impression that the quantity is smaller than a few years back, in fact they now advertise how you can purchase more food and drink. The plane was clean and interior well maintained. The infotainment is comprehensive. Overall a very good experience and I will use etihad again

• In-flight Entertainment

Thank you for your review and for choosing us as your carrier. We have refreshed our food service on board to improve the quality of our complimentary meal service which now includes a larger portion of main meal than previously. Once the crew have cleared away the tray, we offer a hot drink and cake or sweet treat, as a dessert. By reducing our tray size and offering your dessert alongside your hot drink, we have created more space for you. *Zoe

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

EY85 Abu Dhabi to Rome Fumicino FCO, Economy Class.

Tired plane B777-200ER A6-ETA but good flight. Prompt meal and drinks service, the roast chicken meal was more tasty and substantial than some recent J-class meals I’ve had.

All in all the service and food was much better than my earlier flight with Etihad that day (EY463 MEL-AUH on the Dreamliner Only let down was the poor screen quality on the screens, even though the E-Box IFE from Etihad is really good.

Also I found the legroom better on the B777-200ER compared to the B787-900

Great service from Cabin Manager Sariah (I Hope the spelling is correct).

Looking forward to flying their B772 product again next month.

Date of travel: November 2016
1  Thank purple_traveller

Thank you for taking the time to review your flight with us. Iam happy to hear that you enjoyed the meal on board and iam sure our Catering team will be more than happy to hear this :) We look forward to flying with you again. *Zoe

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

First time I flew with etihad and expected more. Seats were average, plane was old (except for one). Service was below average. The flight itself felt safe.

Food on the plane was good, but they only served once. (Was a long trip). At KLM they always give you food twice when I fly from Amsterdam to Montreal (dinner and also breakfast if it’s a long flight from night until morning) + warm wet towels to freshen up. Didn’t get all that on etihad.

The stewardesses are all really pretty (do they hire them based on looks only?) but not half as friendly as other airlines I flew with.

On top of that, I’m Muslim and expected prayer facilities on the plane (because it’s an Abu Dhabi based airline). The staff on the plane had no idea what I was talking about. If you fly Iranian-based airlines (like Mahan), they gladly facilitate you to pray on the plane.

• Value for money

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We do have dedicated prayer area and we have also provide prayer mat for guest who wish to pray on board. You may approach to senor cabin crew for further assistance. *Zoe