“Nice but with a couple faults. ”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

The first leg of the trip was on a massive new twoStory plane with syatecof the art seating and online entertainment. The second leg on a more ordinary airbus that still provided good service, although smaller seats and not state of the art screens.
Minus: food. Other companies flying the sane route (ie. EVAair) provide much better quality.
The change at Abu Dhabi was chaotic (why putting a security check between transfer flights when there is not a single shop... )

• Value for money
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi skivaz,

I am sorry that the food and transit in Abu Dhabi were different than you expected, but we do wish to thank you for your review. We hope you will fly again with us sometime soon. * Sky

Write a ReviewReviews (13,500)

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

This miserable excuse for an airline would go bankrupt in 1 month if they didn’t have a near monopoly on service out of Abu Dhabi. This airline deserves to die and is losing money.

Etihad Computers at AUH never work right, so you have to wait in snaking lines while agents reboot. Seat pitch on planes is skimpy and seats are crap. Food is below average.

Worst is, like their miserable partner airline American, they won’t transfer a bag to Delta, meaning you have to claim your bag, recheck it with Delta, and go through security again.

1  Thank robertlH6113ZV

Hello Robert, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Isi

Reviewed April 16, 2019

This is a weird one. Essentially, I’m able to tell the tale because the pilot/s got us there and back safely and that’s all that counts. The take offs and landings were smooth, the cameras on the tail, facing down, and front were great, I and my boys were entranced – it was clear on our return so you could see mountain ranges and watch this magnificent feat of engineering just cruise through the clouds (it’s such a beautiful plane, saw it at an air show once – unbelievably agile). The loos were clean, the food was okay (although the wrap thing you get after the main meal was not nice). The choice of entertainment was very good. The legroom was good, my husband got an economy space seat at the end of our normal row (great because he gets the legroom without us all having to pay extra for it as well when we didn’t need it). It all seemed very well organised. The crew didn’t seem to gel as a team though, it seemed some really didn’t want to be there and this was a shame. So if there was one area of improvement it would be some more team building amongst the crew, or perhaps improve their conditions. Etihad could just work with them to change whatever it is that’s giving them that sour face. I’ve flown long haul with many airlines and this was the worst for that I have to say. Otherwise, it was fine.

1  Thank black_labrador

Hi black_labrador,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us today.
We are happy you had a good overall experience, and will pass on your feedback regarding the crew. We really appreciate you letting us know, and hope to see you again soon. *Sky

Reviewed April 16, 2019

I'm a fan of Emirates so somehow expected much the same from Ethiad. Wrong! Seat pitch was I'd guess 31", staff appeared disinterested and certainly couldn't be bothered to check the state of the toilets which were pretty grim by the time we reached Amsterdam. Lunch was served soon after we took off about 11am. Normally a meal is served on a tray with starter, main course, dessert etc. This was just the main course although a slice of cake did appear with the coffee later. No mini bottles of wine - just a plastic tumbler.
There was a second food service in the afternoon but you had to pay for it. I have never come across this combination of a complimentary and a chargeable meal. It just smacks of penny pinching.
The flight was on time and the films were OK. But what a sorry comparison with KLM whom we flew out with. I doubt we'll fly Ethiad again but I doubt they'll be too bothered.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding

Hi Hugh W,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We made some changes in our meal service and are still looking into what is best for the guests who fly with us.
We'll make sure to share your feedback with the catering team for further improvement. *Sky

Reviewed April 16, 2019

We booked a top ten airline and have been transported from Zurich to Belgrad with Air Serbia. What they call a partner airline. Flying back home, we even had to fly from Dubai back to Zurich with Air Serbia. You know what..? If you consider an airline that did not even making it into the top 100 airlines of the world an eqal partner airline to you - worth the same money - I will treat you as such. So with Air Serbia you have no room for your legs, my seat couldnt be moved at all, the food is - oh my good, how you people survive. Service on board as off board is crap and dear god, please make me never ever have to arrive to Belgrad airport.

So dear Etihad, your customer service is a discgrace and a joke. You are plain thiefs, stealing money from family pockets by promising what you shamefully are not delivering.

For me, my family and everybody who want's to hear it - never ever again. I stick to Swiss and pay greatfully some bucks more for beeing treated as a human beieng.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding

Hi blablamatic71,

If you have any feedback about your flight with AirSerbia, we would suggest contacting them directly since they were the operating carrier.
Thank you. *Sky