“Wonderful Experience Lagos to Chennai”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed May 13, 2018

Wonderful Experience Lagos to Chennai. I got free upgrade to business class from Abu Dhabi to Chennai and back.

EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Hi Kunle A,

That's amazing! Happy you could try out our Business Class. How did you like it? *Sky

Write a ReviewReviews (11,234)

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I chose Etihad Airways to fly with on our honeymoon trip to Phuket. Our overall flying experience was lovely; we were pleasantly surprised by the smooth online booking procedure, check in and food menu on flight. However, we were unfortunately double debited our payment. Despite contacting the company numerously via phone call and email, Etihad was very delayed in their responses and proved unhelpful. The matter was finally resolved by our bank. I would not highly recommend Etihad Airways based on their poor customer service.

Hi mrs_razak,

Thank you for letting us about this. We hope you can travel with us again in the future, and if you need any assistance, we are always here to help. *Sky

Reviewed May 13, 2018

I have been travelling around the world from 2008 onwards and I have taken many airlines from small to Big. This was my first travel with Etihad for my family tour. I cursed myself for atleast more than 100 times for selecting this airlines.

First they lost all our 3 bags and it did not reach Rome at all. then they did not respond to any of my questions regarding claim. Bag missed on 29th Apr and delivered on 5th May. Stopped responding to any emails from 3rd of May when asked for higher claim amount.

never seen a hand baggage being asked for check in even after the weight was only 6 kgs for all hand baggage and the staff at the gate told me that i will not be allowed to check in if i dont check in the baggage . I had to fight with him and finally did not checkin my hand bag. Never faced these kind of harassment in any of the airlines i travelled.

Food was pathetic from Chennai to Abudhabi and also from Abudhabi to Rome.

I STRONGLY TELL ALL MY FELLOW TRAVELLERS DO NOT CHOOSE THIS AIRWAYS EVEN IF IT GIVES YOU VALUE FOR MONEY AS YOU WILL REGRET FOR LIFE FOR TAKING THESE KIND OF AIRWAYS FOR FAMILY VACATION.

BELEIVING OR NOT IS YOUR OWN WILL AND WISH AS I NEED NOT VET THIS MUCH ANGER WITHOUT A REASON

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi Saraniyan,

Thank you for sending us your feedback and for letting us know about your experience with us. We regret it was not what you expected and hope you can come fly with us sometime again so we can make you change your mind. In case you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know. *Sky

Reviewed May 13, 2018

My flights were enjoyable on both ways. I got the chance to experience the 777, large and quite silent inside. The on-board personal is quite nice and always ready to help. The Abu Dhabi airport is so well organized that getting your flight becomes a nice shopping pause.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi bernardsupersonique,

Happy to hear you have liked flying on our B777. :) See you again soon? *Sky

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

We missed our flight as the connecting flight had delays which wasn’t a big deal as that airline provided a great hotel and all that but Etihad Airways totally ignored our food requests that they have confirmed to have on our next day flight.

We didn’t eat anything for 20 hours.

I wrote to them and all they had to say that sorry it’s not our fault, it’s the connecting airline fault. Really?????

I’m very disappointed and won’t ever flit with this airline

The flight was very uncomfortable and they are just cheap and awful

Hi Mustravel_365,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It's disappointing to hear you were not pleased with the overall experience with us.
If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you. *Sky